Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > Orbiter Forum Space Station
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Notices

Orbiter Forum Space Station Project news & discussions for all OFSS versions.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #16
ADSWNJ
Scientist

Yeah Tex- confirmed fuel bug on the CTV on Flight 13. For some reason the CTRL+7 does not initialize the fuel. Thanks for the fix line, though I think it's too much fuel for the little CTV, because after a good amount of thrusting to do the docking, I was still left with 0.999153 !!
ADSWNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #17
Tex
Webmaster

You can always make it more challenging and jettison Ariane5 sooner!
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:10 AM   #18
ADSWNJ
Scientist

Hmm - yes. I could have deliberately burnt down to min fuel I guess. In fact, because the station orbit is elliptical, I could have spend a bunch more time to match my orbit perfectly before docking, to stop it drifting around on final approach!
ADSWNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #19
Tex
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosammy
 Everything done with some minor problems:

It looks like the module in the payload bay was rotated by 180. The grappling point was facing the payload bay floor, I had to edit the scenario to attach it to the RMS.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention; an over sight on my part. I didn't actually test pulling it out of the shuttle with the shuttle RMS which can't grapple anywhere like URMS. I'll fix that in the next package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosammy
 The URMS seems to be unable to correctly grapple in the D3D9 client. Should be written into the manual for other D3D9 users.

Launch heading seems to be wrong, again this might be a D3D9 or Shuttle Fleet problem. I'll take a look at that.
OFSS-III is not tested or supported for the D3D9 client. The doc doesn't specifically state this, but I don't use D3D9 for OFSS flights myself, so it's clearly never been tested. The launch heading was set based on what the launch MFD said, so I'm not sure how else to figure that for D3D9. I'm able to get Rinc near 0 with that heading, however it does require some minor adjustments to the heading mid-way through the launch, which I've always had to do with any shuttle launch.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #20
Cras
Spring of Life!

I tend to find that you cannot use Launch MFDs heading with Shuttle Fleet. You need to off set it to the north a bit. It is the roll to heads up that messes it all up. But I should add I too fly with D3D9, so that may have something to do with it. As for the modules, I haved used pretty much all of them on my own station, and they all seem to work well in D3D9.

Some little things may need to be accounted for when using D3D9, but on the whole, pretty much everything works with it.
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #21
Tex
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras
 flight 16 is done.

fyi, for Shuttle Fleet, when using the modern launch profile, you cannot launch on the heading supplied by Launch MFD, it needs to be offset because the rolls to head up attitude will throw it off, and you end up in an orbit that has an Rinc that is quite high compared to the station, and it is very hard to get on the right plane and not use up all the OMS fuel.
You can adjust your heading during the launch before MECO to get Rinc on 0. Use #1 and #3 on the numpad. I find it more enjoyable than just sitting there while the autopilot does everything.
Thanked by:
Old 07-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #22
Pipcard
mikusingularity

About this "docking tips" thing: wouldn't it be simpler to do a killrot with OFSS-Core?
Pipcard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #23
Cras
Spring of Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipcard View Post
 About this "docking tips" thing: wouldn't it be simpler to do a killrot with OFSS-Core?
depends on how realistic you wanna approach the station.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:41 AM   #24
Pipcard
mikusingularity

Well, I'm not going to be very realistic during rendezvous and approach anyways.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #25
Samuel Edwards
Addon Developer

Dude, it's a sim. It's supposed to be done realistically.!
Samuel Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:06 AM   #26
Pipcard
mikusingularity

Another thing, about berthing modules to the station with the RMS: is it okay if the longitudinal rotation (red or white triangle in docking MFD) of the module is misaligned?
Old 07-11-2012, 04:07 AM   #27
Samuel Edwards
Addon Developer

No, it most be aligned appropriately for it to capture.
Samuel Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:09 AM   #28
Cras
Spring of Life!

why not try and do it right?
Thanked by:
Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 AM   #29
Pipcard
mikusingularity

I did a practice run with the MPLM berthing in mission 16. There was a Shuttle RMS to Station SRMS (URMS) handover. I rotated the MPLM with the URMS, ungrappled, and then regrappled the other grapple fixture. I managed to berth it, and the orientation was good enough.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Edwards View Post
 Dude, it's a sim. It's supposed to be done realistically.!
What I mean is that I'm not going to do all the RPM/TORVA stuff during approach, and I'm not going to enable things such as nonspherical gravity sources.

Last edited by Pipcard; 07-11-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #30
Cras
Spring of Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipcard View Post

What I mean is that I'm not going to do all the RPM/TORVA stuff during approach, and I'm not going to enable things such as nonspherical gravity sources.
Why not? TORVA is one of my favorite things to do in Orbiter. Give it a shot. What have you got to loose?
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > Orbiter Forum Space Station