Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OrbitHangar Addons & Comments Addons uploaded at Orbithangar.com will automatically generate a new thread in this forum for comments. The thread link will also be included on the addons page.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #31
Mandella
Space Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
 ---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Do you mean these lines? MAIN_THRUST=10000
RETRO_THRUST=10000.Thanks
Arg. Yes. Those are the ones I meant. Working from memory = getting it wrong, in my case.

Quote:
OK,so far I at least made it once to orbit,I don't know if I consider how far I was away from the station,exactly a Rendezvous,most of the time it crashes into the surface.How close does that Rendezvous AP get you to the target,and in your opinion what is the most ideal ship to use with it?Thanks
Lola is ... quirky. You're going to have to hand it simple problems, and there are certainly bugs still in the code. Wish I were good enough at C++ to fix them, but alas, that may never be.

Using the Rendezvous from Launch seems to be bugged at the braking phase. No matter! Just keep an eye on your orbit, and when it crosses your target either manually correct to your target's orbit, or use one of the other Autopilot MFDs. IMFD can circularize to a target, and then
Rendezvous
can close and
Attitude
can exactly match.

Another neat trick that gets around Lola's fairly narrow launch window (only 16 kilometers wide) is to wait until the best window you have and 1) manually launch to a low orbit, then use Lola as above to match to your target, or 2) just launch straight up about ten kilometers, *then* hand it off to Lola and pray! (Better keep an eye on your instruments -- Lola will still happily put you into a ground intersecting orbit, or even worse right to Nan-space.)
Mandella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #32
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Thanks again Mandella for all your help,and advice,and if I come up with any of my own methods for using Lola,I will share them with you.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #33
Keatah
Orbinaut

Are there any tutorials on how to use this? Because after I register a ship, and Engage it, I get a CTD. This is with the stock dg.
Keatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #34
Fisherman
Orbinaut

Here's a screenshot of my first experience with LOLA.

I don't know why the pic is so tiny. It wasn't when I loaded it up. Can you see well enough to get what I'm talking about?
Attached Thumbnails
Oops-1.jpg  

Last edited by Fisherman; 07-01-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #35
liber
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
 Here's a screenshot of my first experience with LOLA.
Attachment 10282

I don't know why the pic is so tiny. It wasn't when I loaded it up. Can you see well enough to get what I'm talking about?
I have couple of same problem with lola,most time it's happen if I'm not align with base,align with lola 1st.
Don't land on a body with atmosphere with lola.
liber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #36
Fisherman
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by liber View Post
 I have couple of same problem with lola,most time it's happen if I'm not align with base,align with lola 1st.
Don't land on a body with atmosphere with lola.
I was landing on the moon and was perfectly aligned with the base and had slowed way down. I think I'll just uninstall it and use base sync. That was working fine.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

I replaced the pic above.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #37
liber
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
 I was landing on the moon and was perfectly aligned with the base and had slowed way down. I think I'll just uninstall it and use base sync. That was working fine.[COLOR="Red"]
Oh,well,give up so soon...
Base land MFD is good too,try it.

http://www.orbithangar.com/search_qu...=17&submit.y=6

Well landing with LOLA.

liber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #38
Fisherman
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by liber View Post
 Oh,well,give up so soon...
Base land MFD is good too,try it.

http://www.orbithangar.com/search_qu...=17&submit.y=6

Well landing with LOLA.

{image}
I'll try that one out. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Wow! I tried it (Base Land MFD) with the DG, DGIV and Arrow and it works pretty well. I like it! Thanks!

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments