Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #136
Bonanza123d
Time Lord from Gallifrey

There is a possible bug when switching control between the base and the vessel, It will CTD. I will try to replicate later tonight.
Bonanza123d is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #137
wehaveaproblem
One step closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza123d View Post
 There is a possible bug when switching control between the base and the vessel, It will CTD. I will try to replicate later tonight.
If you can replicate it, then please do share what you find, including other addons installed and etc... It's not a bug that has come up so far, so be good to know if you've found something new.
wehaveaproblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #138
wehaveaproblem
One step closer

No update today unfortunately. I'm ill with flu and face isn't running at full steam either. So we've decided to delay the next release until we have something significant and substantial to test.

Cheers to testers for continued patience.
Thanked by:
Old 11-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #139
RisingFury
OBSP developer

Don't worry about it. Quality is more important than quantity

Hope you get well soon and that Face loads his coal furnaces and gets his steam turbines powered

Last edited by RisingFury; 11-06-2012 at 09:39 PM.
RisingFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 11-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #140
Bonanza123d
Time Lord from Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehaveaproblem View Post
 If you can replicate it, then please do share what you find, including other addons installed and etc... It's not a bug that has come up so far, so be good to know if you've found something new.
Looks like it is time for a clean install
Old 11-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #141
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Hey WHAP,and,FACE,I just tried out your newest version,of AU,and I have to tell you the lights,and beacons look fantastic,especialy on the vertical launch complex,and the winged launch facility,looking foward to a new release.Thanks
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 11-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #142
wehaveaproblem
One step closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
 Hey WHAP,and,FACE,I just tried out your newest version,of AU,and I have to tell you the lights,and beacons look fantastic,especialy on the vertical launch complex,and the winged launch facility,looking foward to a new release.Thanks
Thanks mate, glad you like it. I'm looking forward to face's next package as it should hopefully involve the winged launch facility controls, which is a major milestone towards completion imho. But he's having to work through some general coding structure stuff atm, which I pretend to understand, but really I'm just nodding and smiling. In the meantime I really should be finishing the modelling I suppose! But positive feedback is always a nice motivator, so thanks.
Thanked by:
Old 11-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #143
Pale Hearse
Orbinaut

This is fantastic!

Is it Tuesday yet!?!!!??

Last edited by Pale Hearse; 11-20-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Pale Hearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #144
RisingFury
OBSP developer

Not sure if this was posted yet...

View from inside of Lease Hangar 1 with doors closed results in lens flare from lights seeping through the door... I know it's more of a nitpick than a bug and I'm not sure how fixable this one is without moving the lights too far away from the hangar...

Same thing happens in pretty much all other hangars.
Attached Thumbnails
InsideLeaseHangar.jpg  
Thanked by:
Old 11-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #145
wehaveaproblem
One step closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingFury View Post
 Not sure if this was posted yet...

View from inside of Lease Hangar 1 with doors closed results in lens flare from lights seeping through the door... I know it's more of a nitpick than a bug and I'm not sure how fixable this one is without moving the lights too far away from the hangar...

Same thing happens in pretty much all other hangars.
Cheers, yeah I am aware of this. They are currently not animated, when they are, those lights will only be on when the door is opening/closing(orange flashing) or fully open(green). So it won't be a problem when that is done.
Thanked by:
Old 11-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #146
RisingFury
OBSP developer

Well, I just had the weirdest experience with AU. I flew into a low orbit (100 km altitude) from Nellis AFB, over Cape Canaveral and continued on. When I was over the Atlantic ocean, a black spot appeared on my screen. First, I thought it was something on the surface of my monitor, but it turns out it was AU... except... it wasn't stationary. It kept moving, almost as if I was seeing it through the Earth. Given where I first noticed it, I should have passed it long ago, but it just kept moving along the surface of the Earth. As my orbit let me past it, it suddenly slid far higher north than "where it should have been". I tried switching focus to see what's going on with the base, but it looked alright to me.

I've attached a screenshot, but not sure it's gonna help much. You'll just have to reproduce the flight and see if you get the same weird effect.
Attached Thumbnails
WIWeird.jpg  
Thanked by:
Old 11-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #147
Bonanza123d
Time Lord from Gallifrey

Quote:
 Well, I just had the weirdest experience with AU. I flew into a low orbit (100 km altitude) from Nellis AFB, over Cape Canaveral and continued on. When I was over the Atlantic ocean, a black spot appeared on my screen. First, I thought it was something on the surface of my monitor, but it turns out it was AU... except... it wasn't stationary. It kept moving, almost as if I was seeing it through the Earth. Given where I first noticed it, I should have passed it long ago, but it just kept moving along the surface of the Earth. As my orbit let me past it, it suddenly slid far higher north than "where it should have been". I tried switching focus to see what's going on with the base, but it looked alright to me.

I've attached a screenshot, but not sure it's gonna help much. You'll just have to reproduce the flight and see if you get the same weird effect.
Confirmed. We got one!

I also have that problem. But it did not move for me. I just saw the black spot on the ground.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #148
RisingFury
OBSP developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza123d View Post
 I also have that problem. But it did not move for me. I just saw the black spot on the ground.
Black spot on the ground is expected!

The base is actually a vessel and has a size parameter. Orbiter uses that to determine when to replace the mesh with a colored dot - kinda like looking at a DG from a long distance.

What I though I saw there was that the base - the dot - was sliding along the surface of the Earth instead of remaining stationary. I don't know if that's actually the case though. It could just be me seeing things...

If what I saw really was true, I've no idea what could be causing it or what the fix is. It just seemed like I traveled across the entire Atlantic with the base in sight...
Old 11-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #149
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Quote:

I also encountered that glitch too.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 11-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #150
Face
Beta Tester

Yep. It is almost certainly the distance parameter I used for the base vessel, and what you see as "moving" is the weird illusion you get with see-through objects.

I'll put it up as issue in the tracker, thanks for the report!
Face is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development