Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #871
Wolf
Donator

Is the scenario STS-107 De-orbit in the Hystorical misions folder working properly?
The deorbit burn targets are already inputted (same values as the scenario description) but I have the impression that TIG is way too early for KSC re entry. Also after transitioning to OPS304 and well before E.I. shuttle starts rolling to the left and keeps doing that all the way down (roll induced by the RCS system with P and R in AUTO)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #872
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 Is the scenario STS-107 De-orbit in the Hystorical misions folder working properly?
The deorbit burn targets are already inputted (same values as the scenario description) but I have the impression that TIG is way too early for KSC re entry. Also after transitioning to OPS304 and well before E.I. shuttle starts rolling to the left and keeps doing that all the way down (roll induced by the RCS system with P and R in AUTO)
The trajectory is most likely off. It was a best estimate based on actual historic orbiter position for TIG. I have never experienced any control issues during any entries.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #873
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 The trajectory is most likely off. It was a best estimate based on actual historic orbiter position for TIG. I have never experienced any control issues during any entries.
So is it possible that the LOC is due to the wrong trajectory that the DAP is unable to cope with? Has anyone tried that scenario? I am just starting to familiarize with SSU so chances are I'm doing something very wrong...
Old 05-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #874
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 So is it possible that the LOC is due to the wrong trajectory that the DAP is unable to cope with? Has anyone tried that scenario? I am just starting to familiarize with SSU so chances are I'm doing something very wrong...
Could be. But even so, the Aerojet DAP should be able to make up for the longer distance. One thing though is that you have to use the Scenario Editor to "dump" IE remove all the propellant from the FRCS tanks. Normally this would be done using the FRCS DUMP command items available in MM302 (ITEMs 36-38). This would cause the FRCS lateral jets to fire in order to get rid of the desired amount of FRCS propellant.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

So I tried the scenario in question, and for some reason upon transition to MM304, a left roll is immediately commanded, even if the orbiter is well above EI altitude.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:48 PM   #875
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 So I tried the scenario in question, and for some reason upon transition to MM304, a left roll is immediately commanded, even if the orbiter is well above EI altitude.
At least I am not the only one... have you tried it after adjusting the scn file as suggested by you?

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra