Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > Simpit Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Simpit Forum Share & discuss simpit projects for Orbiter here!

Old 05-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #136
kamaz
Unicorn hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXS2000 View Post
 1. Have you tried these MDF modules in the new orbiter2015 beta yet?
The version posted in this thread should work with 2015 (feel free to try it). The version which I distribute as a closed beta (because I still don't have time to finish it) must be adapted to 2015 because it does runtime patching of the core.

BTW, if you want the beta send me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXS2000 View Post
 2. Anyone tried these with touch screens running off a rasberry Pi yet?
I have thought about it an concluded that it makes no sense economy-wise.

A 7" tablet is perfectly capable of working as an MFD display and costs about $50. A 7" touch screen for Raspi costs $50 by itself, plus another $50 for the Raspi itself. So you place 2x as much per screen and are left with device which has not too many alternate applications. In contrast, repurposing or reselling a tablet is no problem.

My long term goal is to integrate VNCMFD with Orb::Connect::Web so you can see both MFDs and panels in a web browser. This will let you use practically anything in the simpit (laptops, tablets, phones, Raspis).
kamaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 06-10-2015, 07:10 PM   #137
GodAtum
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamaz View Post
 All hail the Probe!

I have solved the dialog box problem. Here is an addon which allows you to enter the needed values through a network socket instead.

The reason I used a socket, is that (1) you cannot easily tell which MFD triggered the dialog box, so you don't know which client you should render the dialog box to; (2) I did not feel like writing a code which would render the dialog boxes to VNC framebuffer, (3) although VNC can take keyboard input, keyboard input on tablets is not very convenient and (4) by separating this functionality from VNCMFD, you can use it with another display solution (such as WebMFD).

But you can now write a "Mission Control" application which uses a VNC client component for displaying the MFD screen and pops up dialog boxes when it receives data from this add-on.

Usage description (short): install & enable the addon, use e.g. PuTTY to connect to port 31337 (TCP) and have fun

{image}

Thanks to:

- Martin Schweiger for Orbiter and for having no objections to this add-on

- cjp, who first reverse engineered the dialog code in Orbiter 2006 ( http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthr...3&postcount=55 ) and the published the FreeOrbit MFD, which made my disassembly efforts much easier

- Hex-Rays SA for the excellent IDA Pro disassembler / debugger, and providing the freeware version

- Microsoft Research for the excellent Detours Express library which I used for patching the orbiter core

- Microsoft for the excellent Visual Studio Express compiler

Readme file is below; the add-on (source & DLL) is atatched.
Thanks for making this. How do I use it? I tried connecting Putty to 127.0.0.1:31337 but it cannot make the connection.
GodAtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:00 PM   #138
kamaz
Unicorn hunter

A dumb question, did you enable the module?

That said, it makes no sense to use this module now, as it has been integrated into beta VNCMFD... check your PM
Old 06-11-2015, 06:29 PM   #139
GodAtum
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamaz View Post
 A dumb question, did you enable the module?

That said, it makes no sense to use this module now, as it has been integrated into beta VNCMFD... check your PM
Thanks for the beta link

I tired to connect to 127.0.0.1:5900 once I enabled it and loaded orbiter, but an error can up saying "Server refused connection". I am using VNC Viewer. The old VNCMFD connects fine however. I tried changing the .ini to a static port of 5900 and 5901 but no luck.
GodAtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:32 PM   #140
kamaz
Unicorn hunter

Because the beta version starts the VNC servers dynamically on request.

You must use the client supplied with the beta (ORC for Windows or the android app). That also gives you dialog boxes on the MFD display device instead of on the main screen.
Thanked by:
Old 12-31-2016, 04:08 AM   #141
RacerX
Donator

Default Rebuilt the project to work in Orbiter2016

Rebuilt the project in VS2015 to work in Orbiter2016. NO changes to the source were made. Just pointed it to the orbiter2016 lib's and built. I got lucky
Attached Files
File Type: zip VNCMFD-rev36_Orbiter_2016.zip (2.00 MB, 18 views)

Last edited by RacerX; 12-31-2016 at 05:19 AM.
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > Simpit Forum