Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > Simpit Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Simpit Forum Share & discuss simpit projects for Orbiter here!

Old 10-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
rhoude57
Orbinaut
Default Maker Orbiter Simpit Project

Hi Orbiteers,
While researching for my Orbiter Simpit build project I came up with a number of elements that make me wonder if there would be enough interest in the community to launch a project combining:
1) the Maker and Maker Faire communities, with an objective to assemble a DYI Open Source Orbiter Simpit;
2) FabLabs where 3D component drawing could be brought to build Orbiter Simpit components using, for example, 3D printers.

I intend to participate with my Orbiter Simpit to the next Mini Maker Faire to be held here in Montreal in June 2015. I might also make plans to attend the Mini Maker Faire in Ottawa.

Luckily, for me a FabLab was established here in Montreal recently and it is open to the public on Mondays and Thursdays. My first FabLab experiment will probably be to build Open Source Korry annunciator switches and panels and a Simpit flight seat similar to the Playseat Flight Seat..

Ultimately, I would like to make a complete set of plans, schematics and Arduino sketches available through an Open Source channel like GitHub.

Anyone interested?
Ron

PS: My Simpit build is moving along rather. I will post pictures on my Simpit build thread soon.
rhoude57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:48 PM   #2
Donamy
Beta Tester

Building a Translational Hand Controler (THC) would be the holy grail.
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-14-2014, 02:42 AM   #3
rhoude57
Orbinaut

Challenge taken: I will see what can be done. I'm expecting my Arduino Uno R3 Starter Kit anytime now and this looks like as good as any first project to check-out and try the FabLab installations.

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Found some inspiration for the THC... http://sergiocurci.blogspot.ca/2013/...oller-for.html
rhoude57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > Simpit Forum