Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Notices

Orbiter Beta Topics related to Beta releases of Orbiter and Orbiter development.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:10 PM   #346
Ripley
Tutorial translator

Just to recap: do we now have a D3D9 version for OrbiterBeta (SVN revisions), and another D3D9 version for Orbiter2016?
Ripley is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-12-2016, 07:33 PM   #347
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
 Just to recap: do we now have a D3D9 version for OrbiterBeta (SVN revisions), and another D3D9 version for Orbiter2016?
Yes!
The latest upload by me (some post before) is only for Orbiter BETA (r64)
The build was posted to test the -not yet released- sub-meter Moon textures.
It will not work for the official Orbiter 2016.

Sorry for any confusion,
Kuddel
kuddel is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-13-2016, 05:37 AM   #348
Nicholas Kang
Spaceflight News Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddel View Post
 Yes!
The latest upload by me (some post before) is only for Orbiter BETA (r64)
The build was posted to test the -not yet released- sub-meter Moon textures.
It will not work for the official Orbiter 2016.

Sorry for any confusion,
Kuddel
Dear Kuddel,

Does this mean that I should download the sub-meter moon texture for the beta d3d9 client to work?

Where can I find the texture files then? I cannot find any links on the official webpage regarding this sub-metre lunar terrain.

Besides, why is it that the terrain model on Earth and Mars does not show up using Kuddel' latest uploaded d3d9 client? The in-line graphic engine works flawlessly as I followed Dr. Martin's instruction on the official Or biter beta webpage, i.e. adding the texturedir line but I want to know if there are other pre-use requirement for the d3d9 client beta to work.

I can confirm that the d3d9 client for the official Orbiter 2016 is working well. My question and problem concerned with the r64 revision and not the official orbiter release.

Thank you.

Nicholas.
Nicholas Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:56 AM   #349
Ripley
Tutorial translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Kang View Post
 ...Where can I find the texture files then? I cannot find any links on the official webpage regarding this sub-metre lunar terrain...
They're still in development.
Martin said they will be released with the first patch.
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=37493
Thanked by:
Old 09-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #350
Nicholas Kang
Spaceflight News Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
 They're still in development.
Martin said they will be released with the first patch.
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=37493
Ok. I already check the above link. Since they are still in development, why is it that the d3d9 client is released first? Supposedly the texture should be released first accompanied by the external d3d9 graphic engine. If I cannot even download the lunar sub-metre terrain, what is the point downloading the beta d3d9 client? No lunar sub-metre terrain will be displayed.

Also, Ripley, my question concerns with the reason Earth, Mars and lunar texture cannot be displayed using the latest beta d3d9 client uploaded by Kuddel. His upload was preceeded by the release of the r.64 orbiter 2016 beta, which I had downloaded using tortoise svn. I followed Dr. Martin's instruction on the official webpage regarding orbiter beta and added the texture dir like in the orbiter config file of orbiter beta. I also downloaded another official orbiter 2016 release with high-res texture files and copied them to the texture folder in the official orbiter 2016 folder. Then, I install the stable version d3d9 client for orbiter 2016. Both graphic engines, be it in-line of external d3d9, works flawlessly in the official stable orbiter 2016.

The problem arises with the orbiter beta. After following doctor's instruction, I can confirm that orbiter beta works well with its in-line graphic engine. To enhance graphic quality, I downloaded Kuddel's d3d9 beta graphic client AMD after extracting the files to orbiter beta, the textures for earth, moon and mars and in fact all planetary bodies do not show up. On earth, just plain blue ocean, and on mars redfish brown soil.

Even IF the beta d3d9 client works with sub-metre lunar texture, it should work with ordinary earth and mars texture, but it doesn't. THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

Read through this and my last post to understand my problem better.

Thank you, Ripley.

Nicholas.
Nicholas Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:19 PM   #351
Ripley
Tutorial translator

Could this issue

Quote:
 Hello,

I have downloaded the latest r.64 Orbiter beta and installed D3d9 client beta 25.1 uploaded by kuddel above. However, the surface textures fail to load using the d3d9 client...
be related to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Onyx View Post
 This may be a Bug or a Feature but, I had a problem with no planet textures showing in the D3D9 Client but it the inline client it was fine...

---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

Quote:
 ...I want to know if there are other pre-use requirement for the d3d9 client beta to work...
One is of course the creation of symbolic links from the Video -> Advanced button.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:42 PM   #352
Xyon
Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional

Quote:
 Ok. I already check the above link. Since they are still in development, why is it that the d3d9 client is released first? Supposedly the texture should be released first accompanied by the external d3d9 graphic engine. If I cannot even download the lunar sub-metre terrain, what is the point downloading the beta d3d9 client? No lunar sub-metre terrain will be displayed.
The D3D9 client for this feature has not been released, Kuddel has shared a beta revision of the in-development version to allow early adopters to test the latest code alongside the newest (also beta) Orbiter version.

Beta software is not finished software. It can, and usually does, contain bugs and problems which can vary wildly in severity. If you are expecting a complete, polished, finished product, you should not be downloading anything marked "Beta".

As for why the client is released ahead of the new sub-metre scenery, it's valuable to test that changes to the code to enable support for this kind of scenery hasn't inadvertently broken anything else (a regression), so that is one possible reason. Another might be because the code can be written now, ready for when the scenery itself is ready, which is hardly a bad thing.
Xyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-13-2016, 10:00 PM   #353
GLS
Addon Developer

This might not be the best place to ask this but here it goes: I noticed that oapiGetMFDMode() returns 1000 for a vessel-specific MFD, but I can't find any references to this behaviour in the documentation. Am I safe in assuming that a vessel-specific MFD has always mode = 1000, so I can call up that MFD by that mode?
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:39 AM   #354
jarmonik
Beta Tester

We have a potential bug over here. Getting a compiler warning about assigning a double to a boolean and it's likely a boolean that goes in rescale. These two lines exists in two different places in the source code.
Code:
rescale = (do_rescale = (hdr.scale != tgt_res) ? hdr.scale/tgt_res : 1.0);
offset  = (do_shift   = (hdr.offset != 0.0) ? (INT16)(hdr.offset/tgt_res) : 0);
I have changed that to this:
Code:
rescale = (do_rescale = (hdr.scale != tgt_res)) ? hdr.scale/tgt_res : 1.0;
offset  = (do_shift   = (hdr.offset != 0.0)) ? (INT16)(hdr.offset/tgt_res) : 0;
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-14-2016, 10:44 PM   #355
kuddel
Donator

@martin:
Looking at your OVP r57 commit...isn't the 2nd offset assignment (line 293) still wrong?
kuddel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:57 AM   #356
martins
Orbiter Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddel View Post
 @martin:
Looking at your OVP r57 commit...isn't the 2nd offset assignment (line 293) still wrong?
Oops ... Should be fixed now.
martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #357
Eduard
Orbinaut

Hi Martin,

I have a question, it's just an idea:

Is it possible to develop an easy way to change 2D panel size while running Orbiter? Thus without the need to exit to go to the Launchpad and change the Panel scale there.

My reason for this is the following problem:

Many vessels, for example the XR-vessels, the DG-IV and DG-EX, still do not support the 4k/UHD resolution (3840x2160), resulting in a 2D panel half the size it should be, because 1920x1080 their maximum.

This is very annoying, because buttons are very small and texts are very difficult to read.
Or I have to play Orbiter in a lower resolution, but of course I don't want to do that. (Of course I know that the stock client itself does not support a resolution larger than 2048px, but that problem does not exist with the D3D9Client.)

The only way I can solve this, is to double the Panel scale setting in the Launch pad to 2.0.

But the problem here is:
This change also duplicates the panel size of the vessels that are already correct, like the DG and other vessels that really automatically scale their panel.
So when I want to switch between vessels within one scenario, I often have to exit Orbiter to change the panel scale setting.
Eduard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 12:08 AM   #358
martins
Orbiter Founder
Announcement New Orbiter SVN commit (r.65, Nov 25 2016)

Change log:
  1. Earth and moon config: switched default elevation resolution to 0.5
  2. API: new function oapiGetGbodyParent and oapiGetGbodyChild
  3. DG: Thermal subsystem implemented
  4. Bug fix: DG: landing/docking light switch anomaly in VC
  5. Bug fix: SurfTile: rescaling bug for elevation mod tiles with scale factor != 1
  6. Bug fix: Vessel: transient thruster level was reset erroneously on IncThrusterGroupLevel
  7. Flight recorder: default stepsize reduced from 4 to 2s

The corresponding OVP commit to go with this is still r58 from 15 September.
martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:33 AM   #359
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 This might not be the best place to ask this but here it goes: I noticed that oapiGetMFDMode() returns 1000 for a vessel-specific MFD, but I can't find any references to this behaviour in the documentation. Am I safe in assuming that a vessel-specific MFD has always mode = 1000, so I can call up that MFD by that mode?
Any info on this?
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta