Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Beta Topics related to Beta releases of Orbiter and Orbiter development.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:29 AM   #91
jroly
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarLiner View Post
 Maybe a known issue, but TransX doesn't work on my end on the latest revision, as well as the one before it.
It still works fine with the latest Orbiter beta, but it is the updated version which you probably do not have. Not sure if it is an update for just for the beta but an number of MFD's were upgraded to work with the beta including areobreak and basesync etc if I remember correctly.
jroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-15-2016, 08:47 AM   #92
Ripley
Tutorial translator

Enjo's goodies for Orbiter beta:

http://enderspace.de/orbiter/addons-beta/
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthr...16&postcount=7
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:38 PM   #93
SolarLiner
It's necessary, TARS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroly View Post
 It still works fine with the latest Orbiter beta, but it is the updated version which you probably do not have. Not sure if it is an update for just for the beta but an number of MFD's were upgraded to work with the beta including areobreak and basesync etc if I remember correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
Oh so it's not an official update then. Thanks! it is working now :)
EDIT: Actually not working. Checked them in the Modules tab, but no MFD appearing on the list, except for HUD Drawer, which CTD's after I press a button.

Last edited by SolarLiner; 02-15-2016 at 06:21 PM.
SolarLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-17-2016, 09:56 PM   #94
Eduard
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmonik View Post
 This issue will be fixed from the next release of the client.
Oh, I see, I am running your posted D3D9ClientBeta17f-forRev47 in the D3D9Client Development thread now.
It's working great: all MFD-texts are visible. Also all of the on screen orange texts are visible now.

I have yet one other question:
Are certain bugfixes still made to the version for Orbiter 2010-P1 too?
I don't know how the development process exactly works with this, but it would be great if this text problem could also be solved in the version for Orbiter 2010-P1.

Last edited by Eduard; 02-17-2016 at 10:54 PM.
Eduard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:50 AM   #95
martins
Orbiter Founder
Announcement New Orbiter Beta Released (r.50, Feb 20 2016)

Change log:
  1. Recompiled transx.dll
  2. Session startup: change in callback sequence: Module::clbkSimulationStart is now called after VESSEL::clbkPostCreation to avoid dirty docking state parameters during clbkSimulationStart (caused CTD with OrbiterSound when starting with docked focus vessel)
  3. Session shutdown: skip unregistering external camera controls if camera instance has already been deleted (caused hangup when TrackIR module was active)
  4. tileedit: fixed typo that would cause errors during elevation mod tile writing
To point 1: this refers to the original transx code that hasn't changed since Orbiter 2010. It should no longer crash, but you may still want to replace it with a more recent transx version for bug fixes and any new features.

To point 2: With this beta, OrbiterSound should no longer crash when starting with a docked focus vessel. The problem had been caused by dirty docking parameters during Module::clbkSimulationStart. I fixed this by changing the callback sequence during session start so that VESSEL::clbkPostCreation (which initialises the docking references) is now called before Module::clbkSimulationStart. Note that this change could potentially have side effects for other addons, although that shouldn't be likely. But check anyway if your favourite addons behave differently with this beta.

The Orbitersound callouts for the default DG are still wrong ("Gear down" on full throttle, etc.) but since these callouts are probably generated via hooks into the executable, this can only be fixed by the Orbitersound author.
martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:22 AM   #96
fort
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
 Change log:
With this beta, OrbiterSound should no longer crash when starting with a docked focus vessel.
Thank you.

fort

Last edited by fort; 02-20-2016 at 11:36 AM.
fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:44 PM   #97
TCR_500
Biblical Creationist

Perhaps this is the wrong place to post this, but could you make a setting that makes the physics rate completely separate from the display rate so that lags in the display does not affect simulation stability?
TCR_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:38 PM   #98
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

Quote:
Perhaps this is the wrong place to post this, but could you make a setting that makes the physics rate completely separate from the display rate so that lags in the display does not affect simulation stability?
Given that by necessity the only moment when you can actually do calculations is when you're not rendering anything, that sounds nearly impossible. There is an option to use fixed time steps, which is essentially a fixed framerate when your computer can process the number of frames alright, but as soon as it can't, it means time passing asynchronous to reality... i.e. 0.033 seconds might pass although your computer needed 0.04 seconds to render the frame.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Note that this change could potentially have side effects for other addons, although that shouldn't be likely. But check anyway if your favourite addons behave differently with this beta.
I couldn't currently think of any add-on more sensitive to callback sequence than IMS2, and I was a bit worried, but am glad to report that the change has left it unaffected for as far as I can tell.
jedidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:07 AM   #99
martins
Orbiter Founder
Announcement New Orbiter Beta Released (r.51, Mar 04 2016)

Change log:
  1. Scenarios: started adding 2016 Edition scenarios
  2. Camera: more camera control options from C++ and Lua API (demonstrated in 'Welcome to Orbiter 2016' scenario)
  3. Bug fix: Glass cockpit: MFD button pressed status was carried over to new MFD mode after mode change
  4. Vessel: Idle test now less sensitive and less framerate-dependent, should fix vessels failing to set idle status
  5. Playback: if system event stream switches to the cockpit of a non-focus vessel, the vessel is now made the focus vessel (otherwise the cockpit was not correctly initialised)
Old 03-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #100
Hlynkacg
Aspiring rocket scientist

Is it possible to set polar vector for cameras now?
Hlynkacg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #101
martins
Orbiter Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlynkacg View Post
 Is it possible to set polar vector for cameras now?
I am not 100% sure what you are referring to. Depending on camera mode, you can define the camera direction, or the position of the camera relative to a target, via azimuth and polar angle. If you are referring to additionally rotating the camera around its longitudinal axis, that isn't possible.

Effectively, the beta hasn't changed any of the underlying capabilities of the camera, but access to these capabilities from the API. So I would tentatively answer no to your question.
Thanked by:
Old 03-04-2016, 06:00 PM   #102
TCR_500
Biblical Creationist

I noticed that there is less of a framerate drop while a vehicle is moving along the ground.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:15 PM   #103
martins
Orbiter Founder

There shouldn't be any change while it is moving, but maybe you reset the subsampling frequency when installing the beta.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:21 PM   #104
Hlynkacg
Aspiring rocket scientist

Quote:
 I am not 100% sure what you are referring to. Depending on camera mode, you can define the camera direction, or the position of the camera relative to a target, via azimuth and polar angle. If you are referring to additionally rotating the camera around its longitudinal axis, that isn't possible.

Effectively, the beta hasn't changed any of the underlying capabilities of the camera, but access to these capabilities from the API. So I would tentatively answer no to your question.
Understood, would it be possible to add longitudinal/roll to interior and exterior cameras at some point in the future? I'm thinking specifically about being able to have a "docking camera" who's alignment vectors would match the docking port's.

IE SetCameraParams (pos, dir, rot);

Another issue, did you make any changes to how animations are handled, specifically MGROUP_ROTATE? Something in one of the updates since 0.47 seems to have broken the engine gimbal animation on my Lunar Module. The code on my end hasn't changed and it still seems to work in Orbiter 2010.

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

PS: Sorry If I seem like I'm nit-picking. Please keep up the good work. I've been having a blast with the new beta.
Hlynkacg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:25 PM   #105
TCR_500
Biblical Creationist

Quote:
 There shouldn't be any change while it is moving, but maybe you reset the subsampling frequency when installing the beta.
I usually have the subsamples set to 100. I'll try 10 though. It did not reset when I installed the new beta. What do those subsamples do anyways?

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta