Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Beta Topics related to Beta releases of Orbiter and Orbiter development.

Old 08-31-2016, 04:30 PM   #46
NukeET
Gen 1:1

Thank you Doctor!
NukeET is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-31-2016, 04:45 PM   #47
fort
Orbinaut

Bonjour,

I have less time than before to fly in your simu Doctor but it's always a pleasure and an interest to follow its evolution and sometimes, at new, take control of a DG, a shuttle and try a rendez vous. Appolo someday ?

Thank you.

good day

fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-31-2016, 05:31 PM   #48
N_Molson
Addon Developer

Thank you very much and excellent work as usual Martins !

Orbiter 2016, the Terrain edition ! Now we can do real exploration on those planets and moons !

The way I see it, the three last features that would make this simulator perfect are now vessel-to-vessel collisions, liquid surfaces simulation, and interstellar travel. But right now some rest with the project seems reasonable enough
N_Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:18 PM   #49
crisbeta
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyon View Post
 If you've got those hashes, then what you can do is download the newer torrent, and point it at the same download path, where you've pulled the Orbiter files to - this should cause the torrent to jump straight to "seeding", if you've already pulled the whole package, so you won't need to re-download the files.
It works exactly as you said. Now back to seeding "European mirror" (ZIP format).
crisbeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:19 PM   #50
4throck
Enthusiast !

Downloading now to finaly try 2016 on a fresh installation and with the full high-res terrain!
4throck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:34 PM   #51
Trekkie
Starfleet Captain

for me the zoom stays at 3000... is that the normal or... did i do something wrong?

i am using one of my own addons
Trekkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:10 PM   #52
IronRain
Orbinaut

Thank you as always Martins!
Another great day for Orbiter.
IronRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:21 PM   #53
reverend
Beta Tester

I'm not sure how the other mirrors are going, but the new pair of servers setup for orbiter.us have sent over 1.2TB each for a total of over 2.5TB in the past 24 hours since release... Signs of a healthy community!
reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:10 PM   #54
BEEP
Addon Developer

First of all thanks for making from what has already been a dream came true since 2000, something better than anything I could have dreamed of.

Just a remark I should make: I'm surprised that the page makes reference to Orbiter usefulness to C++ learning (which I enjoyed myself) but does not mention the embeded Lua Script Interpreter Module. Isn't it a shift in simulator contained features relevance?

Again, thanks for outworlding my world.

Beep
BEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:59 PM   #55
Xyon
Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend View Post
 I'm not sure how the other mirrors are going, but the new pair of servers setup for orbiter.us have sent over 1.2TB each for a total of over 2.5TB in the past 24 hours since release... Signs of a healthy community!
It's a little hard to differentiate for the Orbiter Radio box, since it's also used for OHM asset storage, but the box shipped 1.2TiB today, and about 700GiB yesterday, so the increase is somewhat visible.
Xyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:01 PM   #56
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
 There are some known "misunderstandings" between XR fleet and OrbiterSound 4 (and something else I might not know of) ...
What does that mean? As far as I know, OrbiterSound 4 works fine with Orbiter 2016 and with the new XR vessels. If you are seeing a problem with OrbiterSound 4 that is XR vessel-specific, please post details in the Updated XR Vessels for Orbiter 2016 Released thread and I'll look into it.
dbeachy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:34 PM   #57
Ripley
Tutorial translator

I remember to have read here on OF that some audio calls (one could be "wheels up"?) are triggered by other events.
Maybe someone else can be more precise than me. I'm on XP and can't run XR fleet anymore.

Here they also report generic "problems" with OrbiterSound 4.0
http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/in...3797.msg207037

Last edited by Ripley; 08-31-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:13 AM   #58
Zatnikitelman
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred18 View Post
 I don't know if it's a fault of some of my settings somehow, but even if I choose to "disable vertical sync" I still get 60 fps as the maximum with the inline, while I get more than 120 with the D3D9, like if with the inline the disable vert sync option doesn't work.
I'm noticing the same behavior with D3D9.

[UPDATE]: I played around with the graphics settings just to make sure 60fps just didn't happen to be what my hardware could produce and 60fps is all I can get.

Last edited by Zatnikitelman; 09-01-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Zatnikitelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:38 AM   #59
boogabooga
Bug Crusher

Quick question.

I haven't found any reference to the new atmospheric wind effects in the documentation. How does it work? Are the wind velocities random? Do they change during the mission?

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Also, in Surface HUD, is the prograde (circle +) symbol relative to the surface or relative to the wind?

If the former, I would recommend a mode to switch to the later.
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #60
SpaceEagle
GEP Reborn Project Manager

Guys, what is the timestamp for this release?
SpaceEagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta