Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > General Questions & Help
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

General Questions & Help General & Advanced Orbiter flight questions, Orbiter installation questions, to all other help topics here.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:33 AM   #1
piddyadams
Orbinaut
Cool Orbiter 2016 Keeps Crashing!

Hi guys,

I am new to this website and Orbiter as well! I recently installed Orbiter 2016 as well as the Delta Glider IV and Arrow Freighter addons, with Orbiter Sound included. Since starting to play the game, I noticed every time I tried using the arrow freighter the game would crash. I shrugged this off and started using the Delta IV and now I can fully fly and do whatever but whenever I reenter atmospheres the game crashes. Has anyone had issues with either these addons causing the game to crash or the game itself crashing all the time? I have a fairly high-end gaming rig as well, so I am at a loss. Cheers!
piddyadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:24 AM   #2
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

At the moment Dan hasn't yet updated his addons for use with Orbiter 2016. Orbiter Sound works but has been known to cause crashes. And as you've noticed the Arrow doesn't work at all.

If you check the [External Links] down at the bottom pf the page you can find Dan's forum. Most of it is in French, but last I read he was/is working on updating his stuff. Since it's free though and we all have bills to pay, a release date is up in the air.

Don't be put off though. Orbiter 2010 still is an amazing piece of simulation software, and all those addons work flawlessly with it. UCGO (Arrow Freighter) is pretty cool way out in the black.
PhantomCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:35 AM   #3
Koloss
Weyland-Yutani Corp.

I am pretty much in the same situation. The Delta Glider IV is my favorite vessel - by now I know it by heart, love to fly and to land it. My favorite deep star vessel is the Arrow Freighter, so... no Orbiter 2016 for me right now.

But as PhantomCruiser wrote: Try Orbiter 2010. It's really good and you get the whole Orbiter experience (ok, without elevated surfaces, but still...).
Koloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #4
jroly
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koloss View Post

I am pretty much in the same situation. The Delta Glider IV is my favorite vessel - by now I know it by heart, love to fly and to land it. My favorite deep star vessel is the Arrow Freighter, so... no Orbiter 2016 for me right now.
I like the little radar antenna you could deploy on the DGIV, I don't know about all of the program codes you had to type in for the autopilot, had to keep going back to the manual for the list of codes, after a week I would forget them. Arrow Freighter is amazing too. Hopefully they will get updated, they are of the same quality as XR1-XR5's imho, perhaps more so because the DGIV and Arrow are not similar to each other like XR's are.
jroly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #5
Koloss
Weyland-Yutani Corp.

1000 reentrys and you know that PRO104SPEC40 is the reentry programm
Koloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 11-22-2016, 08:19 AM   #6
bisbeejim
Orbinaut

Default Opening Orbiter Repair Shop

I have just recently began a service I call "Orbiter Repair Shop." I was having crashing problems with almost every add-on not revised to Orbiter 2016 specs. Finally I couldn't take it anymore, downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ Software Development Kit and began hunting down the bugs. I discovered Microsoft had added a team management program so that work and be divided amoung developers. This was good news to me because I'm a natural artist but a bit slow at programming (but I LOVE to program never-the-less). Right now shop is open but no work orders have arrived. It seems to be getting a slow start.
bisbeejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:02 PM   #7
Enjo
Mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbeejim View Post
 I was having crashing problems with almost every add-on not revised to Orbiter 2016 specs. Finally I couldn't take it anymore, downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ Software Development Kit and began hunting down the bugs.
But how do you expect to community-fix an addon that is closed sourced in the first place?
Enjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:22 PM   #8
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjo View Post
 But how do you expect to community-fix an addon that is closed sourced in the first place?
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > General Questions & Help

Tags
crashing, orbiter 2016, stopped working