Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter-Forum.com > Meets & Greets
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Notices

Meets & Greets New to Orbiter or just new to this board? Say hello and introduce yourself to the community here! Feel free to also post birthday or holiday greetings here.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:19 AM   #61
Deke
The Original AstroNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusy View Post
 hwy im fukin ****ed offf my game im so wasted and let my comp on so fucin druni drunk i startes orbiter a cob i should not txt so much when im ****ed...off my brain..cant recall topic but fuvk that stuff. ****. msi. nice....
Is faking drunk the new hip thing?
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:37 AM   #62
unussapiens
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPL View Post
 ...I'm 14yo and I was born in Krakow, Poland. So far, I think I'm the youngest here, but that doesn't bother me.
I'm also 14, born late in the year, so chances are I'm, younger. I believe we had someone even younger at M6 (was it pumpkinking?).
unussapiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:09 AM   #63
Deke
The Original AstroNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unussapiens View Post
 I'm also 14, born late in the year, so chances are I'm, younger. I believe we had someone even younger at M6 (was it pumpkinking?).
Yeah, 9 years old.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #64
James.Denholm
Addon ponderer

*whistles*

I wish I knew about Orbiter when I was 9...
James.Denholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #65
RangerPL
Addon Consumer

Yeah, I'm 14, my birthday is on June 8th.
Anyway, it's nice to see people my age taking interest in Orbiter.
RangerPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #66
bujin
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.Denholm View Post
 *whistles*

I wish I knew about Orbiter when I was 9...
When I was 9 years old, the best we had was Elite.

Not a particularly bad thing by any means, but I somehow don't think the good ol' ZX Speccy would have coped with the likes of Orbiter.
bujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #67
GregBurch
Donator

When I was nine, all we had was Matt Mason
GregBurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #68
Deke
The Original AstroNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregBurch View Post
 When I was nine, all we had was Matt Mason
Well when I was 9 (well... 7) we had This guy.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:25 AM   #69
Quick_Nick
Passed the Turing Test

I guess I'll (finally) make a post here. As made obvious from my username, I am yet another Nick. I am 14, born very late in the year(December), and will be starting highschool in August. I was born, raised, and have lived in a 'sub-city'(large town or small city? :p) of Houston for my entire life and seeing as things are getting worse here, we are considering moving somewhere else.
I believe I found Orbiter in December of 2004 and spent only enough time with it to get some basic atmospheric controls(including landing the Atlantis(not deorbiting though)) before my computer died for about half a year. It 'came back from the dead' in mid 2005 and I joined the original forum in June of that year.(I supposed I've reached my third year then) I believe it was in February of 2006 that I really became interested in learning how to do things 'the right way' and it was then that I first achived orbit and performed my first reentry.(no runway landings at that time though) Since then I've learned a great deal about orbital mechanics, have been involved with several VSAs, and learned to fly to the moon and back.(and from Mars to Phobos and back ) I think I've achieved most of the things you can do on Earth(I'm still not too good at deorbiting at the right time but I haven't used any specialized MFDs for it yet), and my next step will be interplanetary flight. I have not yet attempted an interplanetary flight but I am eager to learn and perform the procedure. I recently(yesterday ) 'joined' two partitions of my main hard drive and in the process lost both of my Orbiter installations.(One general one and one Mercury/Gemini/NASSP/DGIV one) This happened from a mistake on my part. I 'joined' the partitions by deleting one I thought was empty with my main one. I had forgotten that I had moved my installations into the deleted partition to open up space in the main one for another program that stated that it needed space to merge the partitions and unfortunately the free version never did let me merge. I'm actually a little relieved that they're deleted though. My general installation was getting cluttered and now I can begin using the Generic Mod Enabler.
As far as school goes, I'm very good at math and science and seem to learn math concepts very easily. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do for a career but I am considering becoming some kind of engineer(possibly aeronautical/aerospace ), some kind of pilot, or having a job working with computers.(programming, web design, something like that) I've considered joining the Air Force at some point later on but I'm not sure that I'd even be qualified, being partially colorblind.(not to mention I'm not so sure about it anyways) I'd love to be some kind of pilot but there are more problems than just colorblindness.(like money :p)
Quick_Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:53 AM   #70
JamesG
Orbinaut

Hello all,

I'm James from Columbus, Georgia, USA. First post here.

Have been looking around for good space sims and space enthusiast mesage boards, and lucked out and found 2 in one place!

Nick- If you've got good grades and have the motivation and determination to pursue your goals, the USAF will be more than happy to take you. Even if you don't have the resources to attend college or the USAF academy, you can enlist, get some basic experiance and training and then use the GI Bill to get your degree. Then you can decide if you want to commission and see about flight training or perhaps the sciences will interest you more.

-James
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:03 AM   #71
Ghostrider
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujin View Post
 Not a particularly bad thing by any means, but I somehow don't think the good ol' ZX Speccy would have coped with the likes of Orbiter.
It could have, but the loading times would have been horrendous and the colour clash... Well, let's not talk about the colour clash!
Ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #72
the8000series
Orbinaut

Smile

Hi my name is Sergio and I just completed a successful flight around earth with the DGIV. My interests include flight siming, orbiter, and model airplanes. Im currently a freshman in high school. Currently planning a deep space mission with the descartes by greg burch (hope im able to escape the earth's orbit). I found orbiter when one of my friends told me about it when i got bored FS 2004. I have enjoyed orbiter ever since.
the8000series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #73
Tex
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick_Nick View Post
 I was born, raised, and have lived in a 'sub-city'(large town or small city? :p) of Houston for my entire life and seeing as things are getting worse here, we are considering moving somewhere else.
How are things getting worse? I've been here my whole life too and I enjoy the area, though I'm on the lake. Eventually I would like to get some land in the hill country for my quieter days though.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:16 AM   #74
Cobalt
Orbinaut

Might as well say something about myself. I'm Chris, I'm 22, I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia, though I really want to move back home to North Carolina.

I'm engaged, and I'm currently trying to find a school to get into, with the goal of enrolling in medical school later.

Aside from Orbiter and FSX, I play a wide variety of games, read a fair bit, follow various sports, and not much else.

Orbiter goals currently include making my own spacecraft, and more importantly learning how to re-enter aiming for a certain point to land at.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #75
The Aviator
ISSU Project Manager

Well, my name is Riccardo Russo, I'm 19 and I live in San Cataldo, near Caltanissetta, in the center of Sicily. I'm at second year of Aerospace Engineering at Palermo University. I'm also a "pioneer" of ultralight flight here. I am piloting aircrafts since I was 16, but I started with simulators when I was 6! And when I was very very young, my favourite toys were airplanes models: a passion of a life! When I'm not flying, (or studying, of course) I play Orbiter or FSX, but I prefer Orbiter. I learnt to read on a flight manual, and continued to learn more and more about flight by myself, and now I started to do the same with spaceflight. My other passions are astronomy (Sometimes I go on the top of mountains away from cities, towns and all forms of life to see clearly the sky...), and karate. I practice Karate Kyokushinkai (Full contact style of karate) since I was 11. Now I'm first Dan (Black belt), and I'm looking to become second Dan. Now, I want to learn to speak English fluently to be able, after the first degree of studies, to go in the States to specialize me in astronautics. Maybe one day I will project a vessel to send men (or myself ) on Mars or beyond... (Maybe only in my dreams...).
I think that Orbiter is a powerful instrument to learn about space dynamics, spaceflight and spaceflight history. And one of the most important things: it's supported by a wonderful community of wonderful persons! If a day I will do an addon for Orbiter, I will proud to be an active part of this community. You are all great, guys!
Good flight!
The Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter-Forum.com > Meets & Greets