Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter-Forum.com > Meets & Greets
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Meets & Greets New to Orbiter or just new to this board? Say hello and introduce yourself to the community here! Feel free to also post birthday or holiday greetings here.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:35 PM   #91
diggercam88
Orbinaut

Hi! My name is Charles. I live in Illinois and have previously lived in Daytona Beach florida. I am a customer service representive for Caterpillar Inc. I love space flight and have been using Orbiter for 4 months. I know quite a bit about NASA thanks to my sister who works at Caneveral AFB. She has worked there for at least 20 years. I have a good but TRAGIC story.... She sent me a autographed picture of the crew of Challender and original mission patches and die cast toy replica's of the shuttle days before the disaster. I still have them in a safe place. I remember seeing it live on TV when it happened... I was little mabye about 4 watching the shuttle take off while playing with my toy shuttle when it happened... Ill never forget.
diggercam88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:02 AM   #92
SpaceCowboy
Orbinaut

My real name is Samuel, and I love spaceflight. I have some really crazy but neat plans for the future and I can't wait to carry them out. I like people for the most part, although I really dislike backstabbing.
SpaceCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:37 AM   #93
Juanelm
Donator

My name is Juan, I'm from Puerto Rico. Im 21, study Mechanical Engineering 4th year, and plan to work on the aerospace industry. I love learning anything from history to biology to pyisics to science in general. I also enjoy philosophy. Mainly I love life and Nature, and deeply enjoy knowing them better.

Some of my hobbies include listening to music, reading, 3d modeling, (Orbiteering), flying and building radio controlled airplanes and helicopters, and scuba diving. I also have always had the hobby of doing small engineering projects just for fun (such as my simpit http://www.angelfire.com/planet/orbitsim/Home.html ). Right now I'm building an electric mountainboard that will be controlled segway-style (shifting one's weight forward and backward).

Nice to meet you all.
Juanelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:51 AM   #94
Talon1
Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.

Arrow

Hi there, my real name is Jeff, I'm 13 years-old (turning 14 in less than 2 weeks) I enjoy building plastic, card, and paper models and making addons for orbiter. I'm also very good at electronics, and home economics, and anything else that has to do with making things, fixing things, etc. I'm currently grade 9, I have many friends (including here at the orbiter forums) I was born in the Philippines and came to Canada on June 23, 2003. And finally, I enjoy playing Flight Simulator X, and of coarse, Orbiter.

Last edited by Talon1; 12-03-2008 at 04:26 AM.
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:58 AM   #95
unknown_orbiter
Orbital Mystery

Aight, my name is Connor. I go to a magnet high school for Math and Science. Turning 16 in 4 months, and getting my driver's license then too. I accel in the areas of English, History, Science and Math. I have taught myself Photoshop, Blender, Orbiter, and a multitude of other editing/simulation programs. I do Java and C++ coding, as well as video game making. I am also applying for a NASA summer internship over the next two years.
unknown_orbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:27 AM   #96
aqim_orbiter101
Orbinaut

Hi,my name is Aqim :D.Flys orbiter and other flying games.When bored likes to do the melbourne shuffle :D.Favorite spacecraft is the Soyuz ;D.Lives in Malaysia.

Last edited by aqim_orbiter101; 11-28-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: adding some smileys
aqim_orbiter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #97
Rilder
Orbinaut

Rilder here, (Rob in that IRL thing) 18.

General gamer, good at conquering learning curves fast, but if I don't want to I don't.
Rilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #98
DaveGMZ67
Orbinaut
Smile Hello

My name is David Gonzalez. I was born and raised in New York City. I have a Bachelors of Technology in Electrical Engineering Tech from New York Institute of Technology. My interest cover a varied spectrum of topics such as Astronomy, Radio Astronomy, Electronics, Music composition, recording engineering, Art, Model Building
from scrap.Video games, Toy collecting (especially into Godzilla/Japans greatest contribution to humanity). I am using Orbiter for the first time, and I am quite impressed with the software. This must have been an painstaking,
sleepless effort for many a programmer. My Hats off to you all. I am especially interested in the Radio navigation capabilities of flight simulation systems such as ILS,VOR, Radio telemetry, and control. I find these subjects of prime interest here especially since I had worked as a radio systems technician for various companies in the past. I had continued to educate myself on the subject. Anything Radio....I have this dream of controlling a UAV orbital with an ASIMO robot in space to repair satellites in orbit. May happen, may not... It's a dream.

Last edited by DaveGMZ67; 01-16-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: mispelling
DaveGMZ67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #99
kino_astroboy
Orbinaut-in-Training

Hello, my name is Kino and I am new to the forum . I was born and raised in Manila, Philippines and came to Miami, FL when I was 8. I like playing video games and Orbiter. My favorite add-ons are Shuttle Fleet, AMSO, and DGIV. I also do very well in school.

Last edited by kino_astroboy; 02-19-2009 at 02:24 AM.
kino_astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #100
Karronade
Orbinaut

Hello, my name is Sebastian (24), I'm living in Muenster. My favorite videogame is Star Trek Bridge Commander (=STBC) where I add others and my own costom ships to fly them in space .

I have heared from Orbiter and I have the basic version somewere. I've looked in it and its very nice but much complicated to fly (STBC is easier there)....
Karronade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #101
tekinozbek
Orbinaut

Hi!

My name is Tekin Ozbek and I live in Istanbul, Turkey. I am a student pilot and a virtual air traffic controler in New York on IVAO. I am also a music student, I play the piano, organ and the harpsichord. Besides that I am really into programming (PHP, Perl, etc).
tekinozbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #102
MinimumWage
Orbinaut

Hi!

I'm Mike from Buellton, CA. besides Orbiter I like to fly R/C airplanes and am interested in amateur astronomy / astrophotography. I'm 36 and work in the electronics industry. Looking forward to reading through all the tips and tricks here in the forums!

Mike
MinimumWage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #103
raftdood
Orbinaut

I'm Larry working as an aircraft mechanic in South Korea. Been into Space and astronomy since I was a kid. I used to mess around with MFS until Orbiter came out. Been hooked ever since. Home is Portland Oregon in the US.

raftdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #104
insane_alien
Orbinaut

Hey, i'm Stephen.

I was on the old forums under the same nickname as now. First discovered Orbiter about 5 years ago. Stopped playing about with it because of uni(Chemical Engineering) and now that i have 3 project deadlines approaching, naturally I've started playing it religiously again.

I have also become re-addicted as i noticed this morning when I was sitting in a traffic jam and wondered why my lateral RCS thrusters weren't working.

Uni is going fine although it is quite busy just now. I spend about 15 hours a day infront of a computer and i've been awake for 36 hours working pretty solidly on designing a fermentation system for my project but i'll launch a Mercury or Apollo capsule every now and then. XR-2 is amazing.
insane_alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:42 AM   #105
BioHaZarD
Orbinaut
Default New here

hello im new here , haven't even downloaded orbiter yet but i love spaceflight, im a college student majoring in web design and i have some programing abilities, mainly in java, as i just learned it ... lol ... anyway ive also done alot of 3d modeling and have designed a few planes for Microsoft Combat flight simulator, so im interested in seeing how the program works and maybee working on some stuff , ive also done a bit of mapping in gtk radiant for quake 3 driven games, etc.
BioHaZarD is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter-Forum.com > Meets & Greets