Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Visualization Project Orbiter external graphics development.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:07 PM   #4366
DaveS
Addon Developer

So I want the radiator panels of the shuttle to reflect with this dark blue color at a high angle and this more neutral white color at low angles. How can I accomplish this with D3D9Client R2? I had this working in an earlier beta of R2 before Felix's reflection map fix was incorporated.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:50 PM   #4367
Donamy
Beta Tester

It would change color differently, depending on what was being reflected, water, clouds, land or space. I would think.
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #4368
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
 It would change color differently, depending on what was being reflected, water, clouds, land or space. I would think.
True, but right now there's just a very small change between high angles and low angles of reflection. In reality, it should change to very light color at low angles when it is reflecting something dark, like space. This video of the STS-133 R-BAR Pitch Maneuver (RPM) shows the effect very well as the observer position stationary (ISS Lab camera) while the orbiter rotates changing the reflection angle:

Thanked by:
Old 05-25-2017, 08:25 PM   #4369
Xyon
Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional

Evening folks; at some point soon, I will need to take the my server properly offline for a short while, which will impact your access to the SVN service on it. Would there be a date or time when this would be especially inconvenient?
Xyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-25-2017, 08:34 PM   #4370
Donamy
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyon View Post
 Evening folks; at some point soon, I will need to take the my server properly offline for a short while, which will impact your access to the SVN service on it. Would there be a date or time when this would be especially inconvenient?
When ever you need too !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 True, but right now there's just a very small change between high angles and low angles of reflection. In reality, it should change to very light color at low angles when it is reflecting something dark, like space. This video of the STS-133 R-BAR Pitch Maneuver (RPM) shows the effect very well as the observer position stationary (ISS Lab camera) while the orbiter rotates changing the reflection angle:

[STS-133] RPM (Rendezvous Pitch Maneuver), Last ever for Shuttle Discovery - YouTube

Must be blinding, when it reflects the sun.

Last edited by Donamy; 05-25-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:13 PM   #4371
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
 Must be blinding, when it reflects the sun.
Nearly so: https://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery...2003e13227.jpg

Here's the STS-122 RPM, note the high specular reflection level on the radiator panels:
Thanked by:
Old 05-25-2017, 10:22 PM   #4372
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyon View Post
Whenever it is convenient for you is the best time
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project

Tags
d3d9client, graphicsclient