Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Brighton Lounge General off-topic discussions. Political or religious topics may only be posted in The Basement forum.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:48 PM   #23491
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

The moment that changed everything about Nazgul for me was when a friend spontaniously pronounced it in turkish...
jedidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:02 PM   #23492
Andy44
owner: Oil Creek Astronautix

The moment everything changed for me was when I realized that The Flintstones and The Jetsons are actually the same time period in the same universe.

Jetsons live in the sky on those skinny towers; you never see the surface of the planet they are on.

Meanwhile, where are they getting their raw materials?

Down on the surface, in towns like Bedrock, guys like Fred and Barney work in rock quarries mining minerals to supply the sky people. These aren't cavemen from Earth's past; these are a servant race in the future. They have genetically engineered dinosaurs and other animals capable of speech and performing special functions around the work site or the homes.

That episode where the Jetsons travel through time to meet the Flintstones? No time travel required!

It all comes clear now. Flintstones is now so much darker, the Jetsons are exploiting them. It all makes sense now!

Andy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-26-2017, 02:21 AM   #23493
Donamy
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Chicken View Post
 Don't hear it often on the radio, probably because it makes people like me speed, but I heard it today when driving home :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1irgU2O4EMk
Yes, it can have bad results. When I was listening to it, one day, while driving. A guy pulled out in front of me, and I said, " That SOB just cut me off." So I pulled up beside him and related a gesture. You know, "... giving him the bird." I took off and he chased after me. I yelled, " ...talk to me goose!" Finally, I made the bad decision, of putting the brakes on, thinking he would fly right by. Wrong !!
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-26-2017, 02:51 AM   #23494
Andy44
owner: Oil Creek Astronautix

As long as you don't try to drive your car roof-to-roof with an another car in an inverted negative-G dive you should be able to manage.
Andy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge

Tags