Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Visualization Project Orbiter external graphics development.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
Goth
Occasional orbinaut

No I use 7zip. Anyway, yes, I'll try to reinstall and see how it goes.
Have I to run the beta before the graphic patch install maybe?
Goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #17
asmi
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth View Post
 No I use 7zip. Anyway, yes, I'll try to reinstall and see how it goes.
Have I to run the beta before the graphic patch install maybe?
Yea, before installing graphics package please make sure inline client works. So install Orbiter, update it to beta and check if it works, and only after that proceed to GC installation.
asmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #18
orb
O-F Administrator
Ninja

Quote:
 I already installed vcredist_x86.exe and the last version of DirectX.
Did you install just the vcredist_x86.exe from the Install folder, as suggested in the first thread, or as well the vcredist_x86.exe from Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update, as you should have found in linked issue report in the other thread?
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #19
Goth
Occasional orbinaut

Ok the error is with the beta. So maybe moderators can move this.
Anyway, the problem seems to be that orbiter.exe and orbiter_ng.exe from the beta give me that error.
I tried installing Orbiter before applying the beta diff, but I also tried just to copy the diff files there and then run orbiter.
Same error in both cases.

@orb: yes, as I've said in my previous post. I will try your link, maybe it's different.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #20
orb
O-F Administrator
Ninja

Quote:
 Ok the error is with the beta. So maybe moderators can move this.
Anyway, the problem seems to be that orbiter.exe and orbiter_ng.exe from the beta give me that error.
If it's a problem with Orbiter beta, and my solution doesn't work for you, please report it in this issue report. Moderators can't move posts to projects.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #21
Goth
Occasional orbinaut

Thanks, that works. Maybe your file is more recent compared to that in the orbiter folder.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #22
orb
O-F Administrator
Ninja

Quote:
 Thanks, that works. Maybe your file is more recent compared to that in the orbiter folder.
So it appears you didn't read it whole, after all. The same link to vcredist is posted in the issue report I also linked in the 2nd thread you have read, as well as in the post above yours.
Thanked by:
Old 06-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #23
Goth
Occasional orbinaut

Yep I've read negligently.

So, I start a scenario, the window hangs after the loading. All white.
Yes, I checked the client in the modules tab.
Yes, I'm running _ng.exe.

Log says:
Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> WARNING: Obsolete API function used: oapiBlt
Colour key argument not supported by graphics client
---------------------------------------------------------------
It doesn't work with any scenario.

Last edited by Goth; 06-03-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #24
Deep Blue
Orbinaut

Bitbucket updated their UI, so I though I would post on how to change the how-to to reflect the changes

Change 1. & 2. to the following
1. Go to https://bitbucket.org/asmi/ovp and click "Downloads" near the top middle of the screen. Then click the "Branches" subcategory under where you just clicked.

2. Locate the branch you want to download, Currently D3D11Client - Terrain, and on the right side of the screen, click "zip". You'll get file with name like "asmi-ovp-e90912175309.zip".

It also looks like you have a permalink to the most current version
https://bitbucket.org/asmi/ovp/get/D...%20Terrain.zip

But IDK if you are going to migrate back to the master when you're done with the terrain. just a thought.
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #25
vinny5000
Orbinaut

Hi, asmi!

I'm having getting d3d11 client to work. Is CVS required to run d3d11 client? Please help me with this. Thanks!!

cheers,
Vincent
vinny5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #26
dumbo2007
Crazy about real time sims

I dont think you need CVS to just run the client. You need to download the client and paste it into your Orbiter folder.

Development of the client happens through mercurial on bitbucket now.
dumbo2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #27
vinny5000
Orbinaut

Hi, guys!

I tried look for the d3d11 client. I've read the instructions on how to get the d3d11 client, but when I open up bitbucket, I don't see anything that look like branches. Please help me get the d3d11 client for me. Thanks!!

Cheers,
Vincent
Old 12-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #28
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny5000 View Post
 Hi, guys!

I tried look for the d3d11 client. I've read the instructions on how to get the d3d11 client, but when I open up bitbucket, I don't see anything that look like branches. Please help me get the d3d11 client for me. Thanks!!

Cheers,
Vincent
They changed the BitBucket design a bit, but it is not too complicated.

Instead of point 1 and 2 in asmi's installation procedure above, do the following:
1. Go to https://bitbucket.org/asmi/ovp and click on the "Downloads" tab. Don't be surprised to find an empty downloads list there, the default sub-tab there is the files section (and there are no files in asmi's download section). Instead just choose the Branches sub-tab, and you should see a list of all available branches.
2. Search for the "D3D11Client" entry and click the "zip" link on the right side. You'll get file with name like "asmi-ovp-5583c998327f.zip".

Also note that the link scheme on BitBucket is very easy. Just enter "http://bitbucket.org/asmi/ovp/get/<name>.zip" into your browser, with <name> being whatever version reference you want - branch name ("D3D11Client"), tag, hash-code, etc. It will get you the appropriate version as ZIP archive.

regards,
Face
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #29
vinny5000
Orbinaut

Hi, guys!

I got a problem, when I tried to download the d3d11, then the d3d11 couldn't be downloaded, retry, and I clicked on retry, it is no go. Please check this out. Thanks!!

Cheers,
Vincent
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #30
Weirdo Earthtorch
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny5000 View Post
 Hi, guys!

I got a problem, when I tried to download the d3d11, then the d3d11 couldn't be downloaded, retry, and I clicked on retry, it is no go. Please check this out. Thanks!!

Cheers,
Vincent
Hi Vincent

I just followed Face's instructions in the post above yours and got a D3D11 client download with no problem. Installed (well, extracted over a clean Orbiter Beta) and it runs fine. I don't think there's anything I can amplify from his post, and there doesn't seem to be any issue with bitbucket either.
Weirdo Earthtorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project