Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Beta Topics related to Beta releases of Orbiter and Orbiter development.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
martins
Orbiter Founder
Big Grin Orbiter 2016

... has been released today. Need I say more?

It's been six years in the making (with the occasional break ), but finally, Tuesday has come around again.

Head over to http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk to get your copy. If you have followed the beta commits and release candidates, the result shouldn't be a complete surprise. There have been a few more bug fixes since RC.4 (a complete list later).

If you already have a recent archive (.tree) version of the high-res textures, there shouldn't be a need to download those again. If you do download the textures, please use the torrent links if possible, to be kind to the mirror servers. Also, consider seeding the downloads (at least for a while) to help share the load (This also goes for the core packages.)

Thanks to Josh, Doug and Russell for hosting the mirrors, in the face of an exponentially growing Orbiter disk footprint ...

And of course thanks to all beta testers, bug/suggestion reporters and Orbiter users for contributing their share to the Orbiter development.

Orbiter 2016 is out - spread the word!
martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
2552, 80mileshigh, Abdallah, Abloheet, ADSWNJ, Aion, alagreca, AndyMc, ao7g, Apollo 13, Arthur Dent, Artlav, asbjos, AssemblyLanguage, astroavion, attilathemick, Becker, BEEP, bekodreko, BerZerK, birdmanmike, bisbeejim, Blake, blixel, boogabooga, BrianJ, Burgh, C3PO, Cizurator, cljohnston, cr1, crisbeta, Dambuster, dbeachy1, dgatsoulis, Donamy, donatelo200, downloaderfan, DutchPlayer, Eduard, Enjo, Eraser, escapetomsfate, Evil_Onyx, Fabri91, Face, fausto, Felix24, Fixerger, FordPrefect, fort, francisdrake, fred18, Furet, gattispilot, george7378, gertz, Glab, GLS, Heywood, Hlynkacg, hypersonic, indy91, Interceptor, Interstellar Planet, Izack, jacquesmomo, jangofett287, jarmonik, Jarod, jedidia, jedimaster1214, JMW, Jordan, jroly, jthill, Keatah, kevinvr, Koloss, kuddel, Kyle, llarian, Longjap, Loru, lotbr, Mafo, malisle, marcheenek, marcogavazzeni, Marg, markp, Matias Saibene, MaverickSawyer, Max Pain, migviola11, mike-c, MikeB, Mister Kite, mjanicki, mode1bravo, mojoey, n72.75, Nicholander, Nicholas Kang, Nikogori, NOMAD, Notebook, NukeET, Numero6, N_Molson, orb, pappy2, PeriapsisPrograde, PeterRoss, PhantomCruiser, Photon305, Pipcard, Post much?, Proximus, Ren Dhark, reverend, Richieb, Ricovandijk, Ripley, RisingFury, romanasul, rrichard, rseferino, rstr, RubberToe, Samuel Edwards, Scav, Screamer7, Scruce, SHADO, shamandgg, Shifty, sigsig, Sky IsNoLimit, SolarLiner, SpaceCowboyJoe, SpaceEagle, SpaceHuman, Spacethingy, Sponky, sputnik, Starshipexplorer, Stinger, streb2001, STS, Sunhillow, T1234, Tex, Trainguy, Treetop64, Trekkie, trokkes, TSPenguin, turtle91, Tycho, Urwumpe, vchamp, Viper1, VladimirApollo, walsjona, White Owl, Wolf, woo482, Xd_Man, Xyon, yagni01, YODAFORCE, Zatnikitelman, zoltan
Old 08-30-2016, 03:09 PM   #2
fort
Orbinaut

Hello,

A word, beforehand, other remarks possibly later - I have not finished downloading Orbiter 2016 - my browser, Firefox 27.01, may be five years old, give me this homepage:

sorr if one don't really see what i whant to say: all the logos for twitter, facebook, etc are in the center of the page .
Attached Thumbnails
ClipBoard-2.jpg  

Last edited by fort; 08-30-2016 at 03:15 PM.
fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #3
martins
Orbiter Founder

You will have to refresh the page to clear the cache and load the new version of the css style file. If that still doesn't help, then maybe it might be time to update the browser ...
Old 08-30-2016, 03:22 PM   #4
fort
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
  ...it might be time to update the browser ...
All your others suggestions don't work...so the hour of the choices is coming

Last edited by fort; 08-30-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
Notebook
Donator

I'd like to host a torrent, but know nothing about it. What's the safest and simplest?

Edit:

I'm now a Deluger!
Downloaded the two torrents, but only one is active?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ps06kxg3sb.jpg

Now getting crashes to blue stop screem and Windows needs to restart message Something about page fault in non-page area?

Something I need to do?

Thamks for the advice, but the laptop is crashing within 2mins of starting Deluge, so deleted that. Its a 2year old HP, and its never been any problem before. I'll give Deluge a go om one
of my older boxes.

For linguofreak #11 below/ Its Deluge that is crashing my laptop, not Orbiter16. Deluge is running ok on an older pc now. Nvidia have just released a driver update tonight, so that may be a factor.

Interesting, my old pc tower was doing Deluge work then comes up with this
Error: Problem with resume data: mismatching file timestamp
No idea what it means, and not interested to be honest. If it throws another wobbly, I'll give up on the torrenys thing.

N.

Last edited by Notebook; 08-30-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Notebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:34 PM   #6
Xyon
Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notebook View Post
 I'd like to host a torrent, but know nothing about it. What's the safest and simplest?

N.
I use Deluge for managing my torrents, which is largely driven by the client-server model, so the server can download the torrents while my PC is off. It's also a good, cross-platform and open source client (It's written in Python).

As far as "hosting" goes, torrents aren't really hosted in this sense, they're "shared" between peers directly. All you need is a torrent client (and there are many) and the .torrent file, or magnet link, as out on the mirror pages, and your client will dutifully download the content of that torrent. Once it's finished, it'll automatically begin "seeding" that torrent, pushing content out to other peers, but in truth it's sharing all the pieces it has even while downloading.

Ideally, pull the torrents and leave them up in your client seeding for as long as possible.
Xyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:37 PM   #7
romanasul
Orbinaut

Amazing! I'm going to be seeding forever.
romanasul is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-30-2016, 05:47 PM   #8
Face
Beta Tester

I hate to be the first to come up with a potential bug, but... could it be that "Subdirectory locations" in the master configuration file are not respected by the tile manager? I've tried to set my Textures folder to another directory in order to save space, but things keep looking like bowling balls.

My apologies if that was answered somewhere already.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:08 PM   #9
jacquesmomo
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort View Post
 Hello,

A word, beforehand, other remarks possibly later - I have not finished downloading Orbiter 2016 - my browser, Firefox 27.01, may be five years old, give me this homepage:.
With "internet Explorer" it does'nt works... but with "Google chrome" it's ok...

May be you have to try with Google chrome" ??
jacquesmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:12 PM   #10
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

Tuuuuesday party!
jedidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-30-2016, 07:11 PM   #11
Linguofreak
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notebook View Post

Now getting crashes to blue stop screem and Windows needs to restart message Something about page fault in non-page area?

Something I need to do?

N.
Update your graphics drivers. As long as Windows and its drivers are functioning properly, Orbiter can't cause the whole system to crash. A BSOD when running a graphically intensive program is a classic sign of a graphics driver bug.
Linguofreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-30-2016, 07:11 PM   #12
fort
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesmomo View Post
 With "internet Explorer" it does'nt works... but with "Google chrome" it's ok...

May be you have to try with Google chrome" ??
I know, it's only a rock 'n' r'ol' browser ( plenty of bug, and full of plugin giving it the speed of a snail ) but i like it, yes i do ♬

Last edited by fort; 08-30-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:39 PM   #13
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesmomo View Post
What version of Internet Explorer are you using? http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/ works fine for me using Internet Explorer 11, Edge, Chrome 52, and Firefox 48.
dbeachy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:47 PM   #14
Matias Saibene
Cold fusion devices since 1948

Thumbs up

A thousand congratulations martins.
This is great, we must celebrate:

Matias Saibene is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-30-2016, 07:56 PM   #15
martins
Orbiter Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
 I hate to be the first to come up with a potential bug, but... could it be that "Subdirectory locations" in the master configuration file are not respected by the tile manager? I've tried to set my Textures folder to another directory in order to save space, but things keep looking like bowling balls.
Yes, I think that is possible. I am usually redirecting my texture locations with symbolic links (or junctions, as Windows apparently likes to call them), but I'll try to get the TextureDir directive to work again. After all, we need material for 2016p1 ...

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta