Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Web Forum A forum for general Orbiter-related comments and discussion. Post your questions about Orbiter and addons in the appropriate forums below. Upload your Orbiter screen shots to our gallery HERE!

Old 03-08-2008, 04:16 AM   #16
Tex
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake View Post
 Oh, wanted to add something else, Tex...

I decided to check out Sony Vegas that you use for video editing and I must say... wow. I've tried using Adobe Premiere Pro but it was pointless... Half the video formats I import didn't encode right, it wasn't compatible with DivX, incompatible with FRAPS videos and endless other things that kept me from using it. I had to use Ulead VideoStudio for the time being (more of an amateur application, but was still very nice).

Today I tried Sony Vegas 8 and it will be my video editing software from now on. It's amazing. It works perfectly with FRAPS, DivX, and nearly any other format I throw at it. It even was able to encode a version of the STS-120 Launch from a 1280x720 60FPS .MOV file into a 720p 60FPS DivX file with music flawlessly. I almost fell out of my chair. Tried the same thing with Premiere Pro and it was choppy, skipped about, had corrupted artifacts, and the music didn't even get encoded. Hell I even had to convert the MP3 of the song i was going to use to WAV before Premiere would even accept it.

So once again great videos and thanks for mentioning Vegas
Hey Cornflake!

Firstly, thanks for your comments on my video...very sorry I missed them till now. Secondly, way to go getting Vegas! I personally love Vegas for many reasons including all that you mentioned above.

Adobe is a professional application needing class room time to learn how to use it properly. I learned this the hard way too. Vegas is alot more user friendly and compatiable, yet still able to render professional quality movies. You get what you pay for I guess, as this is by far the best video editing software I've ever used compared to Adobe, the free stuff, or other cheaper programs. Anyway, glad you like it too, good to see others switching over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
 How much is vegas ?

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...ct.asp?pid=457

$549.95 from Sony, you might find it cheaper on Amazon or ebay.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:13 AM   #17
Bj
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
 How much is vegas ?
sony vegas family

the one I have is the cheapest, $100 if you include the dvd architect.
I really don't need all that high power for the pro version. Its cool but expensive.
Bj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:11 AM   #18
Tex
Webmaster

You Tube

A simple, but fun flight to ISS in Dan Steph's Delta Glider IV.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:26 AM   #19
Chipstone306
Orbinaut

another great video tex ! good job!

Chipstone306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 AM   #20
Tex
Webmaster

Thanks Chipstone.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:04 AM   #21
Cornflake
Orbinaut

Wow, I especially love the beginning, when the DGIV is being powered up. Very stylized

P.S. I have something else about Vegas you might be able to help me with:
When I go to render a video as an AVI, the MP3 options in the Audio tab are very limited. For example, I'm only able to access up to 56kbps at 22KHz audio instead of being able to go up to 320kbps at 48KHz. It's like it's only showing me the lower half of the options.

When I go to save as WMV or MOV it gives me more options. Do you have the same issue?
Cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #22
Tex
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake View Post
 Wow, I especially love the beginning, when the DGIV is being powered up. Very stylized

P.S. I have something else about Vegas you might be able to help me with:
When I go to render a video as an AVI, the MP3 options in the Audio tab are very limited. For example, I'm only able to access up to 56kbps at 22KHz audio instead of being able to go up to 320kbps at 48KHz. It's like it's only showing me the lower half of the options.

When I go to save as WMV or MOV it gives me more options. Do you have the same issue?
Thanks mate. Yea, I have the same issue.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #23
Pilot7893
Epik spaec mishun!

You Tube Atlantis launch movie

took me about 7 minutes to make Good choice of music in my opinion
Pilot7893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #24
MJR
C++ developer in the mix

You could have tweaked the videoout by havin the OSSM purge, and the new contrail textures. Nice job! It is a well pu-together video.
MJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #25
Tex
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot7893 View Post
 http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rekh2sehWe8&feature=user

took me about 7 minutes to make Good choice of music in my opinion

Nice job mate. I merged your new thread with the Orbiter Video Thread that way we have all the videos in one place.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:29 PM   #26
MJR
C++ developer in the mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
 July 16, 1969 - Apollo 11 lifted off for the moon where history was made! This film is a remake of my original Apollo 11 release featuring Orbiter Space Flight Simulator and AMSO Apollo addon. Thanks for watching!
Real good! If only I could get back to Earth. Where did you start out with to get back to Earth?
MJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:03 PM   #27
Scrooge McDuck
Addon Developer

Hi all,
I just tried Fraps, and it appears to work great, but does anyone know if it is able to capture in "windowed" mode? It doesn't appear to work unless I use orbiter fullscreen.
It looks like this topic isn't covered in the documentation.

regards,
mcduck
Scrooge McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #28
computerex
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
 Hi all,
I just tried Fraps, and it appears to work great, but does anyone know if it is able to capture in "windowed" mode? It doesn't appear to work unless I use orbiter fullscreen.
It looks like this topic isn't covered in the documentation.

regards,
mcduck
I have noticed that as well. Also, if you click on any window even while inside fullscreen, Fraps for some reason stops recording.
computerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:20 PM   #29
Tex
Webmaster

My fraps will record in windowed mode, but you have to make sure that window is active or selected. In full screen mode fraps will also continue to record even when you click on another window like if you had external MFD or camera window open, it still records in the background, but it wont start recording unless the main Orbiter window is active or in other words the mouse is not hovering over another window.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #30
GLS
Addon Developer

Big Grin HAIL PROBE

Probably the most selfish, high resolution, orbiter video ever!!!
--> HAIL PROBE <--
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum