Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Web Forum A forum for general Orbiter-related comments and discussion. Post your questions about Orbiter and addons in the appropriate forums below. Upload your Orbiter screen shots to our gallery HERE!

Old 05-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #91
silent_protagonist
Orbinaut

You better be careful, Tex, your gonna start giving Orbiter a good name.

Hail Probe!
silent_protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #92
Tex
Webmaster

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Although I love every film I make, I felt like this one wasn't my best work, but given the limited time I've had to work on films lately it was all I could do to finish this one. I'm probably gonna take a break from making films for a while. Summer is upon us, I'm rather busy with work now and will be through summer so enjoy this one until I can get back to making another film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mad23 View Post
 Wow Tex!

Beginnings are everything when you're telling a story, and I was hooked from the start. I was grinning and thinking how smart you were to lay out the orbital and interplanetary infrastructure - and how obvious it was the intent.

And then there was the bondVaga as part of that very infrastructure.

I knew this was coming, but had completely forgotten about it behind everything else that's going on in my life right now. What a surprise and delight. I really love how it slips right into the context you're weaving there. No longer a derelict, but a viable part of the infrastructure. Very cool indeed.

The leap out to Triton done as a tour of the outer planets is beautiful. It's amazing how Orbiter lends itself to your work; you make superb camera choices consistently. And the views you choose are eye-candy.

Contact is pure eye-candy, too.

And The Probe caught me totally off guard as well, and I woke my wife who was sleeping on the couch by laughing so hard. Good art doesn't take itself too seriously, and a good punchline sticks easily in the memory.

You've made all the right moves here, I'd say.

Hail Probe, indeed!
Thanks n0mad, I'm glad you enjoyed the film! It was a thrill for me to feature your addon. I tryed to feature as many as I could yet still maintain some sort of a storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasantony View Post
 Hey,
Just watched the video. Its AWESOME!! The music is really cool. The crew liftoff scene is also really good. The craft and the whole theme kinda reminded me of BBC's Voyage to the Planets.

I didn't quite understand what the XR-5 was doing all the way at Jupiter . So setting up all those space stations is why it took 100 years b/w the sound and the actual voyage? The ending was kinda .. ambiguous .. like 2001's ending. The "Hail Probe" was hilarious. I was like wondering what the hell is this and suddenly "Hail Probe"!! .

All in al .. great vid!!

~
Thomas
Thanks Thomas! Yea I definately took some inspiration from the fantastic Voyage to the Planets show.

As explained above, I wanted to feature many addons and the space stations with the XR5 etc given 100 years from the time the impact was detected seemed the best way to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80mileshigh View Post
 Wow! Awesome video Tex.
Thanks bud, awesome addon you made too! Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatu View Post
 Wow Tex! Only three words: You got skillz!

Only thing I noticed is that somewhere around 5:30 it says Triton Decent Stage. Did you mean the stage is a good stage and doesnt get involved in "indecent" descents? I suppose you meant Descent.
Thanks for watching Whatu.

Ooops, you're right I accidently mispelled it, but oh well, it's not worth the time it would take to re-render and upload to fix it.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #93
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

HAIL PROBE!

not much left to say after watching this. I wnat it in H.D!
jedidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #94
Belisarius
Obsessed with reality. Why?

Great film, Tex. Was that your voice doing the voiceover? Sounds kinda old for you... BTW, I also am mystified as to what the XR-5 is doing out at Saturn, and also how they built the enormous Ceres out there.
Belisarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:27 AM   #95
Pilot7893
Epik spaec mishun!

Now all I need to do is get this on public TV
Pilot7893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:31 AM   #96
Tex
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
 Great film, Tex. Was that your voice doing the voiceover? Sounds kinda old for you...
Thanks mate, that was my father doing the voice over. He used to do that sort of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belisarius
 BTW, I also am mystified as to what the XR-5 is doing out at Saturn, and also how they built the enormous Ceres out there.
you and me both.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #98
Jax6213
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
 July 16, 1969 - Apollo 11 lifted off for the moon where history was made! This film is a remake of my original Apollo 11 release featuring Orbiter Space Flight Simulator and AMSO Apollo addon. Thanks for watching!

It certainly looks like somebody has got the love of spaceflight hard wired into their firmware.
Jax6213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:24 AM   #99
Tex
Webmaster

May 2008 - The year was 2062, the location Mars...the memory will be with him forever. This is the second released version of my popular film 'Final Flight'. The storyline is the same, the shots are the same, but I've vastly improved the croping and panning and made some tweeks to the FX and released an HD version! Enjoy and thanks for watching!

Old 06-03-2008, 01:46 AM   #100
Jax6213
Donator

My SamSiMsX's Coming to a PC near You coming attraction commercial:

Coming to a PC near You commercial # 2

Jax6213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:44 AM   #101
Pilot7893
Epik spaec mishun!

STS-71. I know there are some errors (like launch is at night), but just enjoy it anyway
Old 07-22-2008, 07:26 PM   #102
penlu
Orbinaut

Tex:
Awe-inspiring.
penlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:36 PM   #103
Pilot7893
Epik spaec mishun!

A Quantas Galactic commercial with the post 9/11 American Airline style

__________________________________________________ ____

I'm thinking of giving this to a girl I like

Horray for Sony Vegas!

Last edited by Pilot7893; 08-11-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:23 AM   #104
Tex
Webmaster

Videos

Tex-Films News:

Tex-Films.com will be closing this month on or just before August 20th, so download what you want before that time! I still plan to make an occasional movie when I can, but can no longer keep up my film site and really have no need for it as I wont be making as many films. When I do make new films I will of course release them on You Tube and now Vimeo as well which will let you download the actual file. Below are 2 of my Orbiter films I've gotten on Vimeo so far...

Old 08-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #105
Pilot7893
Epik spaec mishun!

This was inspired mainly by Tex' STS-120 film

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum