Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #31
Heywood
Pardon by my spanglish

Name and spacecraft look fine. Impatient for to have it.

Heywood
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:36 AM   #32
Ursus
Rocket Tinker

Ok... I went ahead, zipped up a distribution tree and uploaded it to Sourceforge. Just don't hold down the reactor start button, or... the results will be so anticlimactic you might die of boredom.

I wound up taking a bit of a break from this project, but I should be getting back into some serious work on it within the next week or so.
Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:46 AM   #33
Belisarius
Obsessed with reality. Why?

Hi Ursus,
I went to Sourceforge and found your group but I couldn't find the package to download. Could you please link to it for me? Or is it not public yet?
Belisarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #34
Ursus
Rocket Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
 Hi Ursus,
I went to Sourceforge and found your group but I couldn't find the package to download. Could you please link to it for me? Or is it not public yet?
It's not officially public yet, but since it's hosted on Sourceforge, it's not totally private either. A person who really wants a sneak peek could find it by browsing the SVN repository, but we're not using the official SF distribution system or publicly posting any links until we've got something a bit more presentable.

The above-mentioned "distribution" was mainly so that Trokkes had a module with which to test the mesh.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #35
Belisarius
Obsessed with reality. Why?

OK, I'll be patient. BTW if you need any help testing or in preparing the manual, I'll be happy to pitch in. Just PM me.
Belisarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:04 AM   #36
HiPotOk1978
ReFuel L.L.C CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursus View Post

Hmm... "The Mobius Tri-Chamber CNO Tandem Bicycle Hybrid Fusion Reactor?"
Well it doesn't really roll off the tongue, or does it shoten

let's try it...
The Windmill's primary power source is the The Mobius Tri-Chamber CNO Tandem Bicycle Hybrid Fusion Reactor or MTCCTBHF for short...

Hmm..... works for me
HiPotOk1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:42 AM   #37
willy88
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiPotOk1978 View Post
 Well it doesn't really roll off the tongue, or does it shoten

let's try it...
The Windmill's primary power source is the The Mobius Tri-Chamber CNO Tandem Bicycle Hybrid Fusion Reactor or MTCCTBHF for short...

Hmm..... works for me
How about the Mobius Tri-Chamber CNO Tandem Bicycle Hybrid Fusion Atom-Mashing Interplanetary Mega Reactor, MTCCTBFAMIMR for short?
willy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #38
HiPotOk1978
ReFuel L.L.C CEO

Haven't herd any infomation on this ship in awhile, so i thought I'd post to the thread to bump it and see if we can get any infomation from the dev team
HiPotOk1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:45 AM   #39
Imagineer
Orbinaut

Default Hang on...

This developer has been having difficulty finding time to focus on ICOVD due to working overtime on a real-world WAAS/LPV implementation.

Google "WAAS LPV site:rockwellcollins.com" for more information.

This is a feature that everybody wants. Management would have liked to start selling it "yesterday". Naturally we are getting a lot of visibility to those above. :heat:
Imagineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:14 AM   #40
Ursus
Rocket Tinker

Looks like it's about time for me to put away my... er... code structure exercises...

(Eek... I should have resized that image.)

...for a while, and get back to work on this puppy.

Oh... I said that about a month -- er, two months-- ago (where does the time go?) and wrote about ten lines of code since then, but now that we're making progress on the attitude control system front...

As far as the reactor goes, I've pretty much just got to paint the panel behind the displays and tie it in to the engine and tank. A more realistic heating curve will likely wait until sometime after version 1.0, if it ever gets done. Who knows? Maybe someone with a taste for thermodynamics equations will be inspired to pitch in a bit of code.

After the main reactor is finished, it should be pretty simple to create the four smaller reactors using their common base class.

After the reactor headache gets done... I think the attachment management code was next. That should be a little less daunting.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:30 AM   #41
Ursus
Rocket Tinker

Now that the Windmill has her custom autopilot (ala Imagineer), five fusion reactors and code to tie the thrusters in with the reactors, I think its about time to start seriously thinking about getting a few folks to help shake her down.

The latest snapshot of the engineering panel...

A few notes...

* I've put the rear reactors (and their thrusters) on the primary fuel system. The auxilliary tanks act mainly as a buffer reserve for the front thrusters (maybe I ought to decrease their size a bit), though they can be isolated from the main fuel system or even feed fuel back into main tanks. I really don't like the idea of running the high-pressure lines along the length of the ship that would be necessary to provide thrust on demand.

* The tankage/depletion isn't quite exactly zero in ram mode, but rather hovers at points infinitesimally higher and lower than zero (though usually just during time compression). I'll have to straighten that out, too. I think I had it pretty steady at one time. (Maybe not. As I edit the Testing Notes document, I see a note about it in there.)

* I've reversed the order of the reactor indicators and selector buttons (left side of orange-ish section), so that AUX4 is at the top and MAIN is at the bottom. The way was, it was too easy to get confused about whether one is dealing the the front or rear reactors. (AUX1 and AUX2 are abaft, while AUX3 and AUX4 are abow.) Hopefully rearranging the indicators will help with that.

* I've masked out the scoop strength selector for now. We might consider totally abandon the idea if we don't find much demand for it by version 2.0. I don't even remember what the presets were going to be. (Oh... there they are... Max Ram and Tank-purge-then-ram... yeah... that'll probably get scrapped; those don't make sense unless the scoop can collect more fuel than the engine uses at full power, and probably wouldn't make much of a difference even then).

* I keep fluctuating on whether I should remove the acceleration value (the hypothetical acceleration if drag were the only force acting on the vessel) from the bottom of the scoop section, or add one to the bottom of the main thrust section.

I think I'll put together a distribution package for the test team before I make any changes noted above. Once those issues and any issues that come up during limited (can't really call it closed, since the package will be hosted on the SourceForge repository) testing are addressed, we can figure out how to use the SourceForge release system for some more widespread testing...

Hmmm... I don't feel like tracking down our volunteers... If you've volunteered to beta test, go to the following link...

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/icovd/ICOVD_Windmill_0.2beta090120.zip?use_mirror=

Last edited by Ursus; 01-22-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Changed download link.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:58 AM   #42
n72.75
Donator

it's good to see this project project progressing.
n72.75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:19 AM   #43
Scarecrow
Orbinaut

Great news! I'm in the middle of a project that has temporarily left me without the ability to play orbiter, but I'll give it a try when I can. I've been looking forward to this for a long time.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #44
Mister Kite
discipulus in perpetuum

I'm sorry but the download seems to be corrupted.
Mister Kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #45
Ursus
Rocket Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Kite View Post
 I'm sorry but the download seems to be corrupted.
Corrupted? Seems to be working fine here. (Downloaded it twice yesterday and once today.) Where is the problem showing up?

[Edit]

Maybe the official SF release system (which kind of makes it public) would be more reliable...

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ico...ip?use_mirror=

(I updated the link in my above post.)

Last edited by Ursus; 01-22-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development