Request AMSO Apollo 8 tutorial

Capt. Windh

Reaction score
Hi all!

I´ve downloaded NukeET´s great A8 mission for AMSO...

(found here: http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3491 )

Just wondering if there is a good tutorial covering the entire flight, from start to finish, by the numbers..?

From what I understand from reading other threads it is fully possible, but IO can´t seem to find a goog tutorial/checklist to get me through it!

Any help appreciated!

Have a nice day.

//Johan

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
Cheers, but it is not very easy to interpret into pure action in AMSO and the MDFs.
No, it's not :(. That's the best that I've found. Someone went through and did a tutorial for Apollo 11 in NASSP based on those docs, but I don't think that there is one done for Apollo 8. It's not too hard to convert the times from MET to MJD though for use in the MFDs.

Capt. Windh

Reaction score
No, it's not :(. That's the best that I've found. Someone went through and did a tutorial for Apollo 11 in NASSP based on those docs, but I don't think that there is one done for Apollo 8. It's not too hard to convert the times from MET to MJD though for use in the MFDs.

hmm.. Well I´ve been away from Orbiter for a while now and might find it hard (at least in the start) to get the MFDs and other plugins to work properly, which is why I would prefer a checklist-like tutorial, step by step.

I know about the A11 tutorial, but thought that A8 would be a better way to start, not having to actually land and that.. :)

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
...Just wondering if there is a good tutorial covering the entire flight, from start to finish, by the numbers..?

From what I understand from reading other threads it is fully possible, but IO can´t seem to find a goog tutorial/checklist to get me through it!
//Johan

Actually, the scenario pack itself, by having split it into stages, is a tutorial. If you follow the docs for each step and enter the data into IMFD, you should be able to recreate the flight...not perfectly, but really close.

Cheers, but it is not very easy to interpret into pure action in AMSO and the MDFs.

Agreed. But I got all of my source data for the scenario pack from "Apollo By the Numbers."

... I know about the A11 tutorial, but thought that A8 would be a better way to start, not having to actually land and that.. :)

This is good insight for me...as I've wondered why Apollo 8 has been downloaded from O-H more often than the others.

:cheers: