[DPS]Shuttle Bus system development

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
As it is one integral part of the Shuttle, i think it will be good to have its own thread about posting updates.

I will post some explanations about the design I currently develop and it's capabilities here, as well as some help about how to interface to the bus system.

One point, where we will have to cheat will be the MMU interface - I don't want to transfer actual programs and run them in a virtual machine (like the Virtual AGC) as long as we can do it without such large scale development.

So, the GPCs will only get status information from the MMUs over the Shuttle Bus, but the software loading gets simulated by a more abstract system.

The first system, which should use this, will be the 5 Buses connecting the GPCs for syncronizations, followed by the flight critical buses.

Each BTU (Bus terminal Unit) connecting to a bus will have two modes: Bus Command and Listen Only. There will be only one type of BTU in the simulation - I have not yet found evidence, that pure remote terminal units like in the 1553 bus exist in the Shuttle (except inside the MEDS).