Question NASSP: Apollo 12 Checklist Glitch (?) and LOI-2 Roll Attitude Questions

Wedge313

Reaction score
Hello, I'm running the Apollo 12 mission. I've been using the Project Apollo Checklist MFD, and came across what looks like a small glitch(?).

Before LOI-1 right after we perform the pre-LOI-1 Systems Checks, the next step shows a time of 110:21:40 when we would run P30. Obviously we don't want to wait until then, the burn takes place around 83:25. It's easy to click past the time and run the P30 checklist, and procedurally everything is normal from that point, but I thought I'd point this small item out.

The other small item I wanted to ask about was the roll angle for the LOI-2 burn. Before the burn they were in a heads-down (180) position. For the burn they rolled heads-up (360). Then right after the burn they rolled back to 180 for comm. Why couldn't they save some time and fuel and just burn heads down? Or was this the only way they could give them a SXTS star to check the burn attitude?

Thanks

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You must have an older version of NASSP, the time was fixed last week.

Regarding the attitude, the REFSMMAT going into LOI-1 and LOI-2 was the landing site REFSMMAT, and since it was standard for these burns to be planned heads up especially longer ones (to give a "wings level heads up" attitude on the FDAI) the heads down attitude prior allowed comms and star check prior to LOS.