Gaming Orbital Margins

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I do like the idea of using a heartbeat monitor to display stress and vitality, but I can't find a way to make it really readable in the games context while being halfways intuitive and displaying everything I need (current and current max). I thought about using the pressure (peak) of the heartbeat to indicate stress, and the frequency to indicate vitality. But the stat is called "drive", so a higher pressure would actually indicate lower drive, so there's already an inversion there, and I don't see a way to display a current max of the frequency. Also, lower frequency is generally associated with lower health, but low frequency and high blood pressure don't really seem to work together all that well. I'm probably way overthinking this, but given I'd have to spend quite some effort on implementing the widget, I want to be fairly sure it would work for that job, and right now I'm not convinced it would...

I think I might do a "christmass tree" style panel with "warning lights" for all the stats. A panel full of colorful lights is cool, it's very readable, and it's very easy to do. Simple enough to just do it and see how it looks, I guess, so I can come to a definite decision later...