Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Lucky.
If they run out of luck one day, "Mythbusters demolished a town" won't be just a rumor.

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Lucky.
If they run out of luck one day, "Mythbusters demolished a town" won't be just a rumor.
I pray that will never happen.

Because, if it does, I think I wouldn't be able to stand the sheer awesomness of such explosion(s) :facts:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I find this interesting. They hadn't even conducted the actual experiment, this was just a test of the cannon. I readily agree, that the bomb site should be inspected. I also think that the test should have been done in the Mojave Desert, and not close to a populated area. Im glad no one got hurt.

ghostrunner01

Reaction score
When will people learn to never live within a 500 mile radius of the Mythbusters? When someone (Jamie Hyneman) says "When in doubt, C4!" you should know bad things will happen.

But anyway, I find this extremely funny saying I have been a loyal fan to the Mythbusters since their very first episode.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I find this interesting. They hadn't even conducted the actual experiment, this was just a test of the cannon. I readily agree, that the bomb site should be inspected. I also think that the test should have been done in the Mojave Desert, and not close to a populated area. Im glad no one got hurt.

The Mojave? San Francisco isn't exactly close to the Mojave...

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
im pretty sure the insurance costs will be less than moving the show for a few days to the Mojave, but doing so is way cheaper than killing someone

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
im pretty sure the insurance costs will be less than moving the show for a few days to the Mojave, but doing so is way cheaper than killing someone

Why move all the way to the Mojave when there are plenty of empty places near the production site?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
the bomb site was EMPTY...and now some poor schmuck has 150 pounds of lead in his back seat

Foxtrot1

Reaction score
When someone (Jamie Hyneman) says "When in doubt, C4!" you should know bad things will happen.

Lol, I love that saying too. I just hope the show doesn't get cancelled because of this. Although, I can see it happening but at the very least I bet there won't be anymore explosive myths.

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
When will people learn to never live within a 500 mile radius of the Mythbusters?
Suffice not to live downhill from a bomb range. Isn't that common sense that if you live near a place where stuff gets blown up, then one day something may go wrong enough for you to get hit?

Although, I can see it happening but at the very least I bet there won't be anymore explosive myths.
And the ratings will drop below the cancellation threshold over half a season?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Nelson told the station the "MythBusters" experiment was intended to "see if other materials could be fired out of a cannon and be as effective as a cannonball."

Next episode : can a H-Bomb really raze a metropolis to the ground ? :rolleyes:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Next episode : can a H-Bomb really raze a metropolis to the ground ? :rolleyes:

*Just* the kind of thing I was thinking.

"Would a global thermonuclear war *really* cause nuclear winter? We built an ICBM and launched it at Russia to find out..."

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i don't think it's accurate that the blame is pinned solely on the mythbusters....

there's obviously something wrong about the bomb site area - any experiments done in such a place are obviously relying on there NOT being things that shound't be damaged within troubles reach....

now, i don't think they'd get cancelled over this - on the contrary... i'd be even MORE willing to watch a show in which a "blooper" involves a cannonball going through a house....

plus, that show is a shiny beacon of truth in the mire of unverified "facts" people take as ever-so-certain "common knowledge"

the mythbusters rule! :salute: