News 2018 British Grand Prix Silverstone, 6-8 July

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Lewis Hamilton says he expects a "serious fight" with Ferrari at the British Grand Prix this weekend.
Mercedes were expected to lead the way at Silverstone but Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel was quickest in second practice.
Hamilton said: "It's going to be very, very close this weekend. The Ferraris are really fast. We're in for a serious fight, which is great for the fans. I hope we pull through."
Vettel said: "They are very strong around here. I hope we can be there."
The German was 0.187 seconds clear of Hamilton in second practice.
Hamilton set the overall fastest time of the day in first practice, 0.065secs faster than Vettel's fastest lap in the second session and 0.5secs ahead of the Ferrari in the same conditions in the morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44746327

Lewis Hamilton won a thrilling battle for pole position at the British Grand Prix, snatching top spot from title rival Sebastian Vettel on his last lap.
The Mercedes driver trailed Vettel by 0.057 seconds after the first top-10 shootout runs at sunny Silverstone but saved his best for last.
Hamilton improved by 0.1secs on his final lap, showing massive commitment through the super-fast corners.
And with Vettel failing to improve, the world champion took pole by 0.044secs.

Last edited:

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Shock news!! It's a hot sunny weekend at Silverstone! A great qualification left Lewis on top. He showed more emotion at the post-quali that I can remember any driver for a long time.

Game on for tomorrow between the Red and the Silver cars.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
That was quite a wheel detachment. From what I heard been some changes on the wings?

N.

Michkov

Reaction score
That was quite a wheel detachment. From what I heard been some changes on the wings?

N.

Only thing I heard is that the various teams brought updates, the new Williams rear wing is not working, hence both drivers spending more time off track then on.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score

N.

Two different things. The Torro Rosso suspension failure was a random event, triggered here because this is one of the fastest tracks and per the drivers, the resurfacing they did in February has left it extremely bumpy.

The other story on the wings was with Williams, where they managed to discover a new aero situation unseen in their simulations nor in earlier practice, where dropping back out of DRS (i.e. closing the slot-flap on the wing), was stalling the undertray (i.e.no airflow under the car to load up the tires). Result - multiple spinoffs.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Last edited:

Michkov

Reaction score
Decent race, catch the highlights if you can lots of action after the first SC.