News 2020 UEFA Euro Cup

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Seems there is an investigation, english fans might have used a laser to hinder the danish goal during Kane's penalty. The goalkeeper still pushed back the shot but wasn't able to hold it.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Very very lucky penalty.
Seems there is an investigation, english fans might have used a laser to hinder the danish goal during Kane's penalty. The goalkeeper still pushed back the shot but wasn't able to hold it.

Yeah, and it seems like that there had been more such incidents.

Now, it won't change the result, the UEFA sure won't try to let it become a precedent. But I think that if England wins this cup now, it will likely be the most undeserved win in history - despite having some great players this year and with Sterling likely the best player of the tournament. But if the whole team is only better than other good teams by unfair methods, its not about football anymore. Just about getting a title by any means.

The English fans had so far proved their lack of any manners in any tournament, so you can't really blame them for being worse than usual...

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
English "Fans" are marauding thugs, they cause mindless trouble wherever they go. If any are identified they should be banned from all
English matches, home and away.

Sunhillow

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Today is Italy - England. Let's hope that the idiots with a laser pointer have been banned!

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So, final : Italy vs. England ?? ⚽???????

Wembley Stadium, London, UK. ?? Rain, 18°C ?️

4' : Shaw scores for England. England 1 : Italy 0. ⚽ ???????

23' : Jorghino is not well. Likely a muscular problem. Still playing after a short check, but probably not at his best.

45' : Time. ⏱️ Still England 1 : Italy 0.

46' : Barella ?

54' : Bonucci ?

66' : Bonucci evens the odds. Italy 1 : England 1 ! ?? ⚽ ???????

Will we go to extra time once again ?

84' : Insigne ?

87' : some fan intrude into the field and security has to run after him, stopping the match for 1 minute. ?‍♂️

90' : Italy 1 : England 1. We go to extra time ! ⏱️

105' : Time. ⏱️

114' : Jorghino ?

120' : Time. Since the score is still even, teams will now proceed to the penalties. ⏱️ ⚽

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Am I mistaken or has the proportion of games that end in overtime or penalties been unusually high?

I agree, and my previous match-posts clearly show such a trend. So :

Final : penalties

?? ✅❌ ✅ ✅ ❌
??????? ✅ ✅ ❌ ❌ ❌

Italy wins and is the new Champion of Europe ! ?? ⚽ ?

...for the second time in Italy's soccer history.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have a feeling that I won't be able to sleep due to everyone driving around with their car horns.

There were some in the street, even there ! Severals cars cruising the avenue with horns and italian-shouting fans ! Italian community is strong in the South of France ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Congratulations to Italy, really a great tournament!

But it has to be said, that England defeated itself in the penalty shootout. Both players that came in the 120th minute specifically for the penalties missed, one of them epically.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah that shot on the italian goal left post was a bit under what you expect at this level of the competition... Well, stakes were high and some players manage stress better than others...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yeah that shot on the italian goal left post was a bit under what you expect at this level of the competition... Well, stakes were high and some players manage stress better than others...

Actually, I found the long show before the shot slightly underwhelming after seeing the result. ?

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Ridiculous performances on the media this morning, you would think they'd just found out Albert Schweitzer had died.

Normally reliable BBC Radio Four "Today" programme has found the England manager's best friend from 30 years ago.
Seems he missed some penalties then. Switched the wireless(in the Marconi sense) off, will try later.