Flight Question A bit more advanced planning

Darkriser

Reaction score
Hi All,

I feel I'm ready to start a (slightly) bit more challenging flights using my favorite XR fleet.

To make the 'feeling' more realistic, I'd like to use the NASA Trajectory Browser to choose a base plan.
I really like the EEJ (Earth - Earth - Jupiter) plan (see here) with Earth Departure on 27-Jan-2027.

The problem is - I really don't know how to plan this kind of flight, although I did some basic sling-shot
plans in TransX recently. This one looks a bit more complicated to me...
Would someone point me a rough direction how to plan this flight in Orbiter?
Is this possible to plan using TransX (or any other planning tool) ?
If so, would you please share the basic steps or even a complete plan (maybe an Orbiter scenario) with us?

I really appreciate any help with this.
Thanks....

Marijn

Reaction score
I made a mashup application using the NASA Trajectory Browser to plan XR missions:

In the page source of NASA, there is more information than the UI shows. It includes all the timestamps. So that means you can enter these into IMFD and it will replicate the mission.

Darkriser

Reaction score
This is more than a master-piece.

<irony>The major disadvantage of the app is that I can't access it....</irony>

Jokes aside, I'm definitely counting this for 'A' plan.
But until available to public, I wonder whether there is any 'B' plan...

pushkin

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I made a mashup application using the NASA Trajectory Browser to plan XR missions:

In the page source of NASA, there is more information than the UI shows. It includes all the timestamps. So that means you can enter these into IMFD and it will replicate the mission.
This looks amazing. Do you have a link?

Marijn

Reaction score
This looks amazing. Do you have a link?
Unfortunately, I never really fixed it after Google Apps Script made some breaking chances, so at the moment it contains some bugs. Also, it uses my GDrive as a file server and that has to move to something else as well before I can share it. Hopefully I find the time next winter.

Thing is, it basicly is a luxurious spreadsheet. And a spreadsheet is imo still the better solution because it is easier to adapt for certain situations.