Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Let's assume i have a 10 megaton ICBM in my barn and a hatred for all humanity in my heart.
Where can i send that death machine to get maximum damage?
Maximum damage either as in setback to all mankind, or as something everyone would talk for decades, remember for centuries, write about for millennia.

Where would you have sent it (assuming the ability to quicksave/load life to avoid moral problems)?
nuke_you.php

steph

Reaction score
Congratulations, you just marked the area where I live :rofl:. Do you really hate me so much?:lol:
EDIT: It's probably based on an IP location program. Kinda like that sign with your IP, only more complex.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That cross is a bit too close to my home. :lol:

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
With a single weapon with a 10 Megatons yield you'd be hard pressed to do something that would be discussed for millennia. Either you bust open the Delta Works dams and flood the Netherlands, or you blow it high above Europe and the EMP throws the whole place into chaos. I say Europe because it's small enough for the device to cause enough damage, you would need more with the US. Apart from the massive property damage, the economic whiplash would be felt for decades.
But millennia... Hm, if I had some ICBMs with MIRVs in the megaton range, I would target the poles. The vaporized ice would cause some nice storms and the global climate would suffer substantial damage.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
LOL, nice script, but has some fundamental flaws.

First of all, my geolocation is not Berlin.

Second: Onion routing makes you aim for the middle of nowhere inside the USA.

Third: If you want to cause maximum loss of life, with a badly effective 10 MT bomb, aim for Tokio, Japan.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Bury it a few kilometres under the antarctic ice and set if off. Global warming in a can! :p

Alternatively, detonate it on the ocean floor in the middle of the north atlantic ocean and flood the US east coast and western Europe.

P.S.: This is a morbid thread and you should feel bad about participating in it. On the other hand, nukes are fun.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Haha! WWIII has begun not between contries, But between O.F. members! For some reason I've always found nothing more amusing deep within myself than launching virtual nuclear strikes in Orbiter. To launch a warhead from half the world away to hit anything that I desire within a few kilometers never stops being fun. I've always been so Klingon at heart. If you are looking for the ultimate chaos and disorder in the world go for somewhere in the Middle East. You can't go wrong there. And spooky enough, It's not impossible it could happen.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
If you are looking for the ultimate chaos and disorder in the world go for somewhere in the Middle East. You can't go wrong there. And spooky enough, It's not impossible it could happen.

1. Move to Israel (0.5. have Jewish ancestry)
2. Become Prime Minister
3. Nuke every neighbouring country and some further ones
4. ???
5. Global thermonuclear war (where the only winning move is not to play and hope none of the players hits you)

Chipstone306

Reaction score
Congratulations, you just marked the area where I live :rofl:. Do you really hate me so much?:lol:
EDIT: It's probably based on an IP location program. Kinda like that sign with your IP, only more complex.

So is it based on his ip address or mine i do believe it is registering mine right now...Maybe i should suspend him from O-F so he cant lock onto my address and launch a ICBM :)

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Middle East is an interesting option but if you aim it right you'll probably remove 90% of strife :)

Personally, I'd target Paris. Reason is that it's nicely in the centre of several major population centers. The inital blast will kill around 4-6 million people, The radiation cloud will disperse nicely over England, Spain, Portugal and so on ensuring that total casualties over the course of several decades (and including radition induced death) will top the 200 million mark. With "luck" you can wipe out a billion thanks to rioting, army action, etc. Possibly even start several small wars.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:lol:

Yeah, sure. Target good'ol SA.

This is Africa. Nobody cares. ;)

I wouldn't need to find an area with the most potential for harm.

I fire the nuke at the USA. USA thinks it is Russia. Retaliates.
World War III.

Mutual Assured Destruction

Yep. Nuclear war is MAD.

I recommend being far away when this happens. Preferably on the Moon. Good fireworks show.

Suzy

Reaction score
Website
suzymchale.com
Middle East is an interesting option but if you aim it right you'll probably remove 90% of strife :)

Just what I have been thinking recently, out of sheer exasperation - nuke 'em from orbit! :lol:

Personally, I'd target Paris. Reason is that it's nicely in the centre of several major population centers. The inital blast will kill around 4-6 million people, The radiation cloud will disperse nicely over England, Spain, Portugal and so on ensuring that total casualties over the course of several decades (and including radition induced death) will top the 200 million mark. With "luck" you can wipe out a billion thanks to rioting, army action, etc. Possibly even start several small wars.

One of China's major cities? They've got more than enough people! Or South-East Asia (though it might irradiate Australia as well). Or Afghanistan - country is a basketcase anyway.

What I'd really like to see developed is molecular nanotechnology - the nanites could then be programmed to disassemble every lifeform with human DNA within a specified area (using satellite GPS to designate the borders). Nice and neat, and it wouldn't harm the environment! (Though not as spectacular as nuclear explosions.)

Linguofreak

Reaction score
With a single weapon with a 10 Megatons yield you'd be hard pressed to do something that would be discussed for millennia.

Well, actually he said "talked about for decades, remembered for centuries, written about for millennia."

There's plenty of things one can do without a nuke that'll do that.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There's nothing to destroy here, I've already launched a R-7 to my hometown :lol:.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What I'd really like to see developed is molecular nanotechnology - the nanites could then be programmed to disassemble every lifeform with human DNA within a specified area (using satellite GPS to designate the borders). Nice and neat, and it wouldn't harm the environment! (Though not as spectacular as nuclear explosions.)

You want to see that developed? :(

EDIT: I also don't live in Detroit, but nice try.

Last edited: