Idea A new futuristic Spacecraft?

jprice

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been a longtime fan of Orbiter. My most favorite addons, besides hi-res planets are the Arrow Freighter, The F-302, and the Prometheus. I came to the idea of a spacecraft design that not far away from our future.

With the missions to Mars and the Moon, and the work from SpaceX and Roscosmos - there's a chance that we, as a community, could create the ideal spacecraft out of inspiration.

A new spacecraft with a similar UI?
1*4PfxkmNIJVUdz05bmaSP2Q.png

Touchscreen compatible, much like the Arrow Freighter UI. Warp Drive capability like the F-302, and Autopilot/land capabilities of the Prometheus?

It's an idea, what do you think? I might give it a go, this is new to me and I've countlessly started and stopped design projects.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Could you adapt that to the Crew Dragon VC ?

jprice

Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt to try, I need to download that mod too.

Pioneer

Reaction score
I remember back around 2010-2012 someone working on what was essentially an extremely large Arrow (a big interplanetary spacecraft that can land). Unfortunately from what I remember their files were lost due to a computer crash or something of that matter. I tried looking for that thread again recently but couldn't find it. If someone could help find that it could be a great source of inspiration.

jprice

Reaction score
I was considering copying the F-302 and using that as a reference. Build the UI and could possible redo the textures first

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I think it would be incredible to incorporate that into the Crew Dragon mod. A near-future space capsule / lunar lander would be cool too.

jprice

Reaction score
I think it would be incredible to incorporate that into the Crew Dragon mod. A near-future space capsule / lunar lander would be cool too.
Which Mod would I get from the Orbit Hangar?