Request A new version of camera mfd that works in D3d9

Interceptor

Reaction score
I really miss using camera mfd especially the night vision mode it would be great if something like this was remade to work with the d3d9 client,also.Thanks

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more on that.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It would be cool if there would be some kind of support for such views in the rendering clients and accessible by Orbiter API...

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
That's the purpose of POC...let users take a look to decide if it's good enough ;)

Interceptor

Reaction score
I recently tried out the docking camera for the d3d9 client,and it looks good,but it could use some features such as make the compass that blocks the middle of the screen,be able to turn on,and,off,a night vision feature,and buttons to zoom in,and,out,also change views,would be nice too,but it's definetly a step in the right direction to a new camera MFD.Thanks.

Lisias

Space Traveller Wanna-be
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey, I didn't knew about the Docking Camera on D3D9! :)

I did some reverse engineering on the External View MFD for 2010P1, and what I think it does is to set the Internal View to the desired camera point, capture the GDI's framebuffer, reset the View and then paint the fectched framebuffer on the MFD.

What I don't know is why the Current View doesn't flicker when the plugin changes the viewpoint and captures the framebuffer, neither why the coder didn't used an External View instead (what would avoid the HUD being painted on the MFD too).

Last edited: