News A Probe blessed discovery!!!

Hail the Probe

• Total voters

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fellow brothers & sisters in the almighty Probe,

I believe I have made a discovery of the founding of the Probox faith!

http://web.archive.org/web/20051215093132/orbit.m6.net/v2/read.asp?id=15806

It appears that our faith first began to spread one summer day in 2004. Naturally Urwumpe was there and posted. (I wonder, how many posts does he have if you also include the M6 forum to his total :hmm:)

Im about halfway through now, around the time of the First Probox Crusade in Fall 2004. Enjoy!

:hailprobe:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It appears that our faith first began to spread one summer day in 2004. Naturally Urwumpe was there and posted. (I wonder, how many posts does he have if you also include the M6 forum to his total :hmm:)

Much much more... I have always been wearing asbestos underwear back then. But the old picture of me properly hailing probe is gone... maybe I still have a backup on the ext HDD.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So that's what the old M6 forum looked like. I never realized they could be accessed on the Wayback Machine!

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I remember that old version of the official Orbiter site, with the gallery showing the "X-20 Dynasoar". But what I didn't remember was that there used to be a HOPE-X spaceplane add-on!

E0NYVbN.jpg

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wow, I joined m6 in 2005, and I was a mod when the m6-o-clysm happened. Looking at that link there are so many users we haven't seen in ages. SimonPro? You out there? Back in the day watching SimonPro and Urwumpe gang up on those who blasphemed the Mighty Probe was a sight to see.

Can't believe how long ago that was now.

Hail Probe!

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wow, I joined m6 in 2005, and I was a mod when the m6-o-clysm happened. Looking at that link there are so many users we haven't seen in ages. SimonPro? You out there? Back in the day watching SimonPro and Urwumpe gang up on those who blasphemed the Mighty Probe was a sight to see.

Can't believe how long ago that was now.

Hail Probe!

Funny you should mention that. I feel like that name is familiar, perhaps he is on these forums occasionally. I should check the users list to find out.

may the Probe bring SimonPro back into our orbit once more.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I believe I have made a discovery of the founding of the Probox faith!

Not even close. :)

That was a post started after the textured mesh was released, but the hailing started way earlier than that.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not even close. :)

That was a post started after the textured mesh was released, but the hailing started way earlier than that.

Dang. So what is the best consensus on exactly when we began hailing the almighty?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
There used to be a page devoted to the history of The Probe... I can't remember what is was, though.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ah, those were good old times where the Cult was taken seriously. Each time you forgot to Hail the Probe, you had to achieve a Solar System Grand Tour (the 8 planets). :)

:hailprobe: :hailprobe: :hailprobe:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Much much more... I have always been wearing asbestos underwear back then. But the old picture of me properly hailing probe is gone... maybe I still have a backup on the ext HDD.

If you can find it, I would love to see it.

*Looks at the poll results*

GASP, a heretic in our midst, who rejects the almighty!!! May the holy one have mercy on their souls!