Problem A problem with textures

Victor_D

Reaction score
I guess people have already asked about this, but I didn't find a satisfactory answer, so:

screenyy.jpg

I installed Orbiter2010 P1 and then added the Lvl 10 texture I downloaded from the official site (http://downloadorbitersim.com/?page_id=93). You can see the result in the picture above.

I gather the low-res basic texture supplied with Orbiter2010 (Lvl8?) doesn't match the higher level texture. But where can I get the corresponding low-res texture so that I don't see these annoying transitions?

Or am I doing something else wrong? :sos:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
You have downloaded LandSAT textures for Mars, which are different than the stock ones. The official high resolution Level 11 Mars textures are on this page, but if you want to use one level lower Level 10 LandSAT textures instead, you will need to find corresponding Level 8 textures for them (maybe Mars textures from Orbiter 2006 would fit, but I'm not sure).

Victor_D

Reaction score
You have downloaded LandSAT textures for Mars, which are different than the stock ones. The official high resolution Level 11 Mars textures are on this page, but if you want to use one level lower Level 10 LandSAT textures instead, you will need to find corresponding Level 8 textures for them (maybe Mars textures from Orbiter 2006 would fit, but I'm not sure).

Oh :facepalm: I thought they were compatible.

Thank you :thumbup: