O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Greetings Orbinauts!

Since we've already implemented user comments for addons on Orbithangar, we thought it would be a good time to post an announcement about Addon Reviews.

You will now find a section in the Articles for Addon Reviews. To submit a review it's as simple as creating a new thread in the 'Submit An Article' forum located on the bottom of the home page. The review should be detailed, well written & formatted, and possibly include a screen shot or two or three. Once you submit your review it can only be seen by you and Orbiter-Forum staff until it has been approved. Once approved it will be moved into the Addon Reviews section of the Articles. The review and all comments will show up in New Posts/Unread Posts, Today's Posts, and the recent posts stats box on the home page so nothing gets over looked.

If you're interested please contact us and inform us what you intend to write a review on. This way two people don't end up writing two separate reviews for the same addon.

Please...consider taking the time to write a quality review for your favorite addon! Perhaps it might also be a good idea to work with another member allowing you both to collaborate on things before submitting the review. There are so many addons worthy of great reviews and now that we have a place to keep those contributions it's time to start punching those keys on your keyboard, and don't forget - HAIL PROBE!

All the best,
Orbiter-Forum

Dambuster

Reaction score
Very nice new feature!

I think it would be a good idea to take new users to the forum through a sort of guide showing them what there is on here - I get the feeling that otherwise a lot of what this website has to offer will go unused by people who may not know it even exists.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Very nice new feature!

I think it would be a good idea to take new users to the forum through a sort of guide showing them what there is on here - I get the feeling that otherwise a lot of what this website has to offer will go unused by people who may not know it even exists.

I agree - we need an O-F tutorial! ;)

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
+2 guys, good idea! I will start writing a detailed tutorial/guide outlining all of the areas and features on the site. :)

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Maybe writing a guide explaining which characteristics should be highlighted in the review, such as addon (in)compatibilities and offered functionality to allow for easier comparison, and general guidelines on how to write it.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
This would be interesting.

Maybe writing a guide explaining which characteristics should be highlighted in the review, such as addon (in)compatibilities and offered functionality to allow for easier comparison, and general guidelines on how to write it.

I don't think you can expect this soon since the last post of Tex in this thread was in January and he's now offline for some time (some personal stuff if I remember right)

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I don't think you can expect this soon since the last post of Tex in this thread was in January and he's now offline for some time (some personal stuff if I remember right)
(facepalm emote needed :rofl:)

Now I will have to check the date of every thread I post on :rolleyes:.