Question Addon solution (.sln) convert to CMake

JDat

Reaction score
Hello!

I want to update and add more features to great Kamaz addon Orb::Connect + Web v 3.19. As now Orbiter development transiting from .sln to CMake the question is: how to migrate to CMake? I have no idea how all these build systems work. Any practical advices how to convert .sln to CMake and start to debug/fine tune CMake addon?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
BTW you don't have to use CMake instead of Visual Studio projects and solution files. XRSound 3.0, which is now built as part of the Orbiter build process, still has a Visual Studio 2019 project file and solution file so that people can still build it easily on its own. Martin's first approach with building XRSound as part of Orbiter was invoking XRSound's .vcxproj file directly from CMake, but he ended up adding CMake build files for it -- see here for details.

Last edited:

JDat

Reaction score
Thank you for info! Yes, I already know that CMake is optinal, but the problem is: I really want to learn how to convert .sln to CMake. Addon refreshing is good reason to learn some basic CMake stuff.
So far I have only basic user eperience when building something from github on linux:
Bash:
git clone adalmPlutoSDRaddonForFavoriteSDRsoftware
cd adalmPlutoSDRaddonForFavoriteSDRsoftware
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig