Search Advanced Probes

MeeexC

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

i spent hours of searching for an Add-On including an advanced probe, that can be launched by rocket or DGIV etc. and land on planets/moons. After landing you can control a rover or something else. Like the MER 2003 Addon but a bit more 2010, you know? ;-)

Are there any good add ons in space? I didn't found any, so i started the idea to do it by myself ... but after reading tons of modeling, dll -stuff i decide i will keep on searching :lol:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The FOI team had a small rover with their Poderosa II mission, but I've not seen if it works with Orbiter 2010. [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4334"]Poderosa II Mission[/ame]

And for manned missions there's this [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5581"]Surface Science Kit v1.0[/ame]

And the uses of UCGO are limited only to your imagination. [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4429"]Universal Cars and Cargo 2.5 (UCGO)[/ame]

MeeexC

Reaction score
The FOI team had a small rover with their Poderosa II mission, but I've not seen if it works with Orbiter 2010. Poderosa II Mission

Yes the FOI Missions are really great, but they were not D3D9 ready :-(

And for manned missions there's this Surface Science Kit v1.0

And the uses of UCGO are limited only to your imagination. Universal Cars and Cargo 2.5 (UCGO)

Great stuff too, i use these add-ons since i found them. Really Great! But not what i'm searching for. The Autoprobe is nearly what i try to find. But i need it more like Cassini-Huygens or MER ...

thepenguin

Flying Penguin
Addon Developer
Reaction score
UCGO has a nice built-in probe. a DGIV can carry four of them, and they have enough of a Delta-V budget to de-orbit on Jupiter, even. I think it's one of the best probes out there. (Until I try to release something)

EDIT: It looks like you were looking for something different from that.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I think there's the Phoenix lander included in the Delta II missions package, and there's also a rudimentary Surveyor lunar lander on Orbithangar.....

Actually I would like to see Mars Pathfinder, Viking, Curiosity, the Soviet lunar landers/rovers/sample return missions on O-F too, but you know everyone seems to be pre-occupied for the time being..... :shrug:

malisle

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
There is also [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3696"]Io Orbiter with lander[/ame]. Probably one of the more realistic (but not real) probes/landers.

MeeexC

Reaction score
I gave a look at all of these addons, but i think there isn't anyone i was searching for. So i will have a try on my own.

Yesterday i started with the mesh files for my modified ariane 5 launcher. It has one more stage for the transfer burn. And know i am creating the textures. This first version will be very simple not too many details. And if get this launcher into space, i will try to make my own "Planet Science Laboratory". An Orbiter-Modul with lander and rover systems like the Mars Science Laboratory from the Curiosity Mission to Mars.

Because this is my first Orbiter project i will try to get that stuff work, if i manage the launcher i will open a thread in the Development Forum and try to build up this more universal type of probe.
But i have very limited free-time... so we'll see ;-)

MeeexC

Reaction score
Okay, i had a good test run, so i decided to start my own project :thumbup:

Later this night i will start a new Thread with the project details. :tiphat: