Request Alien-Shaped UMmu

Henobic Theosapien

(was) Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, with the UMmu, Orbiter starting to look more realistic....
But, when we start using UMmu in other systems (other than sol system), I started thinking about the existence of other life forms in Orbiter (such as aliens, animals, etc., etc.)
I think we can start with simple things, like an alien-shaped UMmu mesh ....
So, I would be helped if there are people who want to create a new mesh for UMmu ....

For now, I'm need a Predator-shaped UMmu mesh....

Uhm, so, what someone here can help me create a mesh for UMmu, with a spacesuit like this,
http://www.cdkey-game.com/images/aliens-vs-predator-game.jpg
and without a spacesuit like this ...
http://www.afhub.com/images/hottoys/avp/avpr_predator_4.jpg
Of course, with a pose like the default UMmu
http://www.orbiterwiki.org/images/5/5d/UMmu.jpg

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
That could be good for OBSP doing "War of The Worlds" type fights.

ZombiezuRFER

Zaktan Zanamu, margum Zavralto
Reaction score
If only I could program and make meshes, I'd whip up a Ragnarok uMMU as fast as I could. It would be glorious.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Once you have a mesh then it is easy. I did a couple of Cylons from Battlestar Galactia and Silent Running drones.

CYLONS.jpg

Drones1.jpg

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
Once you have a mesh then it is easy. I did a couple of Cylons from Battlestar Galactia and Silent Running drones.

OOOh! I want the Silent Running drones!

:lol:

Come to think of it, it is quite reasonable to expect that future unmanned and even manned spacecraft to have semi independent robots for inspection and repair in dangerous areas (any EVA, especially back around the nuke plant!). It would be great to have an entire library of assorted robotic UMMU's to choose from.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That could be good for OBSP doing "War of The Worlds" type fights.

OBSP first has to get to the point where we can start doing "war of this world"... it's a long way before we'll have "Mars attacks" scenarios coming from OBSP...

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The aliens in OBSP- once we get to them- likely won't be like the kind you usually see, either. ;)

Last edited:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Something that's evolutionarily plausible, and not a human with rubber bits tacked on.

Or a computer, or an energy being, or a cyborg, or a robot. Or a tentacle monster. Those are overused gimmicks whenever someone wants a non-human alien.

I already have a rough idea, it is quite simple though. We have tons and tons and tons of stuff to do with OBSP before we can even get close to having aliens though, so it's something for the future.

I have a conceptual framework, but it's really only a distraction at the moment...

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Something that's evolutionarily plausible, and not a human with rubber bits tacked on.

Or a computer, or an energy being, or a cyborg, or a robot. Or a tentacle monster. Those are overused gimmicks whenever someone wants a non-human alien.

I already have a rough idea, it is quite simple though. We have tons and tons and tons of stuff to do with OBSP before we can even get close to having aliens though, so it's something for the future.

I have a conceptual framework, but it's really only a distraction at the moment...

Whats the problem with computer ETs... Its pretty logical to send robots to a battle parsecs away than to send individuals that require leisures and life support.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Mainly because robots cannot do everything... if I was fighting a war light-years away, I would be far more prepared to spend many tons of mass to support a living crew than have an unmanned operation and hope that all those lines of code know exactly what to do...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Mainly because robots cannot do everything... if I was fighting a war light-years away, I would be far more prepared to spend many tons of mass to support a living crew than have an unmanned operation and hope that all those lines of code know exactly what to do...
Well, even with a biological officer corps your fleet would still likely be significantly automated, though that's another topic altogether... ;)

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score

I would pretty much expect that a civialization that has the economic capability and resources to send any type of space craft parsecs away (assuming the nearest civ is 130pc away) would be advanced enough to make super intelligent robots...

ZombiezuRFER

Reaction score

One of my arguments for manned space fighters...

Do you have some sketches of these ETs?

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I would pretty much expect that a civialization that has the economic capability and resources to send any type of space craft parsecs away (assuming the nearest civ is 130pc away) would be advanced enough to make super intelligent robots...

Super Intelligent Robots? Yeah right... :lol:

I would not trust a Super Intelligent Human in battle, let alone a Super Intelligent Robot...

What are these Parsecs? Forgive my ignorance, but I work in light-years...

One of my arguments for manned space fighters...

Manned space fighters pretty much make no sense, I'm afraid... once you get into light-minute range or less, remote command is pretty effective, and in actual combat automation would take care of pretty much everything.

The whole idea of a "space fighter" is pretty shaky, when you realise that the space environment is different from the aerial environment, the mothership-subship relation isn't anything like the relation between an aircraft carrier and a fighter aircraft, so the whole dynamic changes.

Do you have some sketches of these ETs?

I actually have a simple 3D model, with an awful texture, as well as some concept weapons, but I don't think I'll show them as yet... and designs could change as we move on, as that phase of OBSP development is very long-term.

ZombiezuRFER

Reaction score
Super Intelligent Robots? Yeah right... :lol:

I would not trust a Super Intelligent Human in battle, let alone a Super Intelligent Robot...

1 Parsec = 3.08568025 × 1016 meters
I think I read it was about 3.26 lightyears.

Manned space fighters pretty much make no sense, I'm afraid... once you get into light-minute range or less, remote command is pretty effective, and in actual combat automation would take care of pretty much everything.

The whole idea of a "space fighter" is pretty shaky, when you realise that the space environment is different from the aerial environment, the mothership-subship relation isn't anything like the relation between an aircraft carrier and a fighter aircraft, so the whole dynamic changes.
For another thread I will make my argument...

I actually have a simple 3D model, with an awful texture, as well as some concept weapons, but I don't think I'll show them as yet... and designs could change as we move on, as that phase of OBSP development is very long-term.

:beg:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's short for PARallax of one arcSECond, and is equal to the distance a star on a line perpendicular to the local Ecliptic plane and passing through the centre of the Sun must be from the Sun to have a parallax angle of one arcsecond as viewed from Earth. It works out to 30.857e15 metres.

Yes, the light-year is much more sensible. :lol:

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's short for PARallax of one arcSECond, and is equal to the distance a star on a line perpendicular to the local Ecliptic plane and passing through the centre of the Sun must be from the Sun to have a parallax angle of one arcsecond as viewed from Earth. It works out to 30.857e15 metres.

Yes, the light-year is much more sensible. :lol:

Wait don't most astronomers use parsec instead of ly