Problem AMSO IMFD tutorial question

Longjap

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Got back to my addiction again since i got treated for it several years ago. I'm planning to set myself on the moon again. Following the tutorial by 'polaris149Tiberius' with the IMFD i get a problem at this step

A. Set up IMFD to be more realistic for 1969
'Step 1. Open IMFD in the Left Multifunction Display (LMFD) (pressing select, then “Interplanetary”).
Step 2. Press MNU to access the IMFD’s menu.
Step 3. Press MOD to modify the configuration.
(Here we are going to set the parameters for making IMFD use Apollo-like attitude correction which is more like a "point and shoot" configuration. The next few steps (Step 4 and 5) are optional but mandatory if you wish to continue with this tutorial.
Step 4. Set LambertAP mode to Apollo P30.'

When I press MOD (step 3) nothing happens. I've attached a jpeg of the menu. Thus I also can't find any Lambert AP settings? If someone could give me some directions i would be grateful. I have 2 hours till my next burn. ;)

Chrs!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 17

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sorry for my post not being an answer to your question, and it may not even pertain to how exactly you like to fly in AMSO, but I found for flying for historical timeline, that LTMFD is a far better tool than IMFD.

Longjap

Reaction score
I've installed 4.2.2, later I installed 5.5 over the last one. In both versions I couldn't follow the instructions given.

And Cras, I've used Lunartranfer before, but then when i got into lunar orbit i couldn't get the AP to work to set me down at Tranquility.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
And Cras, I've used Lunartranfer before, but then when i got into lunar orbit i couldn't get the AP to work to set me down at Tranquility.

You mean the AMSO AP? or are you talking about some sort of AP in LTMFD? Because LTMFD has no landing autopilot.

Longjap

Reaction score
Yeah I mean the AMSO AP, I'm wondering if it is completely synced to the GET time or to the stage your in at the moment. The only time the AMSO AP is working for me is at launch. After that when I managed to orbit the moon with the use of LTMFD no actions (with J or K action keys) are there to start AP landing. (Even after undocking the LM) The only option that is there is to jettison the landing phase part thingy of the LM.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah I mean the AMSO AP, I'm wondering if it is completely synced to the GET time or to the stage your in at the moment. The only time the AMSO AP is working for me is at launch. After that when I managed to orbit the moon with the use of LTMFD no actions (with J or K action keys) are there to start AP landing. (Even after undocking the LM) The only option that is there is to jettison the landing phase part thingy of the LM.

LTMFD does get confused in terms of the GET I found at launch. Its clock starts to run once the scenario is loaded, and AMSO's clock doesnt start to run until it actually leaves the pad. I got into the habit to once in orbit. leave orbiter, then start it up again so LTMFDs GET clock gets in sync again with AMSO.

I am going to have to check in again to see what the steps are needed. It has been awhile since I flew AMSO, but I certainly did it with LTMFD and was able to make use of all the AMSO autopilots with little issue.

Are you getting the AP programs to show up at all in that little white bar at the bottom of the screen?

Longjap

Reaction score
Are you getting the AP programs to show up at all in that little white bar at the bottom of the screen?[/QUOTE said:
Nope, only an AP message in a white bar in the bottom left corner shows after launch. I have no idea how to bring up other programs. And i've read the manual. ;)

Tommy

Reaction score
There is something funny with your IMFD.

I think that you may still be using 4.2.2. You can't simply unzip a newer version over that - it won't replace it. You need to enable the new IMFD module in the launchpad, and can have both version 4.2.2 AND version 5.x at the same time.

On the newer versions, there is an option called "Configuration" under the OPMODE, and the bottom left option should be "Surface Launch".

On the config page, you can change the AP mode - and I also recommend adding the landing site (you can then pinpoint the landing better with IMFD's Map.

Last edited: