OHM AN-225 - Buran V4.8

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: hutchison66

Happy New Year   Orbitnauts,

Slight update to the Addon   not enough release speed

AN-225 the Worlds Biggest Aircraft and the Buran Spacecraft, the worlds most expensive missed chance.

Ok  you first need to download David 413's Buran V4.8 from SimViation.

Keys

Left Shift Numpad 1  Raise Nose

Left Shift Numpad 2  Lower Ramp

Left Shift Numpad 3  Start Engines

K   Flaps

G  Gear

J  Release Buran for drop tests

Hope you like it

A huge thanks to David 413 for the Shuttle Fleet and the Buran.  I've updated the Buran mesh to make it more on a par with with his Shuttle Fleet.

you need to backup the orginal mesh as this will over write the orginal.  I'm surprised no more has been done with the Buran as you can set up payloads as the Shuttle Fleet.

Again Thanks to David 413   come back to us

Enjoy

DOWNLOAD

Lisias

Space Traveller Wanna-be
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi.

Nice work, thank you. I was wishing to have such a combo from some time!

I noticed that at jettisoning, Buran drops as a brick and only after some time it starts to glide. I had tried a lot of attitudes: an-225 climbing, an-225 diving, flight straight, even on inverted flight.

At the speeds I was jettisoning the Buran, it should ascent a little before starting to glide down instead of falling as a bomb being dropped by a B-17. :)

I noticed that I can't select the Buran when she's being ferried. I'm guessing that Buran, when attached to AN-255, doesn't exists as a vessel, it's just a mesh being drawn together AN-255 - and then when I hit J, you drop the Buran mesh and spawns a Buran vessel in the place, I'm right?

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Buran Release

yeah the Buran is a mesh payload I could attach the two together as vessels but the release wouldn't be a simple as just pressing J
but I will update the release speeds of the Buran maybe it needs more release speed will sort that out now and post an update
thanks for the heads up

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
yeah the Buran is a mesh payload I could attach the two together as vessels but the release wouldn't be a simple as just pressing J
but I will update the release speeds of the Buran maybe it needs more release speed will sort that out now and post an update
thanks for the heads up
The An-225 has never had any provisions to jettison its cargo mid-flight. It has always been strictly a ferry aircraft. The Buran approach and landing tests were done using a special-purpose designed version of the real orbiter that had 4 jet turbine engines rather than the two that was intended for the orbital version. It also had a longer nose landing gear to help it generate the lift required for take-off. The designation for this "ALT-Buran" was BTS-002.

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Buran Drop Tests

Yeah true but it is a cool thing to try, the jet version of the Buran is included with the Buran 4.8 from David 413

I've updated the ADDON to fix the release speed, it still drops like a stone but at lest it clears the tail.
David:)