Support Animator required

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I require assistence in base creation and would like to recruit an animator.

I'm working from Wings3D makeing both the meshes and the textures and if you have animation experience with exported meshes from that enviroment and have an interest then please post and let me know and I will then open an Addon Development thread to display progress.

Thankyou.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
IMHO if you're creating meshes it will be easiest for you to animate them.

Personally I find difficult to animate other people's meshes. When I create something I know how it supposed to move because I've designed the thing.

I encourage you to experiment with sc3 files when you can define animations. It isn't really that hard
Good luck with your project. I hope it will turn out as awesome as your skins.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
Right'O Loru, I'll have a look at a few examples, which I'll download from OrbitHanger tonight. Spy some of the files involved and read through them to get an idea on how it's done.
I'll also open a Development Thread tonight, get some feedback, do's and don'ts and possible ideas stuff. It's my second base after the RnR Dome and it's probably a bit big, infact it's huge.. like a stadium but it is aimed at the XR series and being as the biggest XR is the XR5 it needs to be I think.
I'm calling it the "XR Facility" :rolleyes:

Thankyou for the return post :tiphat:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Animations aren't that terrible. Mostly boring to do. Look at the "HST" sample in the OrbiterSDK to see how it's done in C++. That sample was designed especially to demonstrate animations.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
Right, finally I found my old thread and I have NOW learn't how to apply an animation to a mesh... :thumbup:

The problem I'm haveing at the moment is that the texture or mesh flashes. I ran a search to find a solution on the forums, but if anyone knows why this happens or knows a cure I would appriate the solution.
I'm useing spacecraft2.dll as the support module for the config file in Orbiter/config/spacecraft directory.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is the mesh on the ground that flashes? if so just raise it up slightly.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
yes, the flashes are result of the CoG of the vessel being at altitude 0 m. Raising the CoG a bit by giving it touchdown points fixes the flashing.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
Is the mesh on the ground that flashes? if so just raise it up slightly.
I raised the mesh 50 meters high above the ground and it continued to flash gattispilot.

yes, the flashes are result of the CoG of the vessel being at altitude 0 m. Raising the CoG a bit by giving it touchdown points fixes the flashing.

I researched the "CoG" Urwumpe. I ran another couple of searches and found that I needed to insert COG = 0.01 into the spacecrafts(myvessel) config file in the Orbiter/config/spacecraft/myfile.cfg and that solved the problem very well. Thankyou very much for that huge clue.
As I'm new to animations, I found flashing meshes can be a common problem for beginners. With that CoG = 0.01 I can resettle the mesh on the deck and make it seamless

Why SC2 when is SC3 available?

er yer... forget I said that, I am now useing spacecraft3... :thumbup:

Thankyou :tiphat:

Last edited:

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
I raised the mesh 50 meters high above the ground and it continued to flash

I think this is modeling problem.
You have two or more faces on same position on mesh facing in same direction,so called z-fight.
Check your 3D model for duplicate faces.