Request Any 6-degrees Attitude Indicator MFD?

Phil Smith

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hey guys! :tiphat:

I wonder if is there any Attitude Indicator (old school version, like Apollo or Gemini had) or something like a Kerbal space program's NavBall?

It would be great to have such MFD (special in some SimPit) like this:

ap15_fdai_2_600.jpg

As far as I know, guys from NASSP mega-addon could do this as part of their Apollo command module's 3d-cockpit, so I guess it's possible.
Appreciate any help

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Doesn't the Shuttle-A have the meatball?
I haven't flown it in so long I'm not sure, but I think it does.

Maybe it was the beta or something. I remember a discussion about it.

Last edited:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This one has an awesome meatball: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3242"]Align Plane II V1.2[/ame]

Unfortunately you may not be able to get it to work; I used with Orbiter 2006 and I think it stopped working right when I got a new computer in like 2009 or so, the colors in the FDAI meatball got all wierd or something. I haven't tried it in a long time.

But if you can get it to work it's the best one I've seen. The purpose of the add-on is to do a lowest-possible delta-V plane change, and the FDAI guides you into the correct attitude for the burn, but you can use it for general purpose attitude indication.

I think the instrument is modeled off of a real Apollo or STS instrument, it's 3-axis and was very cool.

Phil Smith

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thank you guys!
Align Plane II V1.2 is pretty cool on paper so I've downloaded and installed Orbiter 2006 and it's works, but ball doesn't load.. (see screenshot below)
I guess the ball itself is a 3-d mesh but there ain't no mesh file in the archive I've downloaded from orbiter-hangar (just Add-on Docs, Modules, Sound and Textures folders + readme) - probably it may be cause of the problem.

Have anybody converted this MFD in 2010 version? Seems this addon is dead by now..

Also I'm gonna download Orbiter beta tonight and see what's going on there with Shuttle-A

Attachments

• 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Phil Smith

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
oops, I just looked at my screen at different angle (from side, when colors on the display changes little bit) and I saw the ball!)) it's there, just very dark - so when you look straight - it's black, but from left/right/top side - its dark silhouette appears)) So I guess it's probably glitch in graphics or what? :shrug:

Just installed the Beta! Shuttle A's FDI - it's what I need!)) Awesome looking thing)
Now it needs to be converted in Orbiter 2010 MDF for sending to tablet via VNCMFD. Is it possible?
So in game it should be look like this (see attachment) :

Attachments

• 5544.jpg
    5544.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited: