Question APDS, how ?

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
EDIT: Ah nvm I think I found it in the SCOM (with my lower internet connection, downloading this was out of the question before, it just took forever to get it haha ^^) and at the page 678 of 1161 there's the ODS explained and how to operate it. (image).

_________
Hello guys, as my first post here (even tho I've lurked for many years) I'd like to say that SpaceShuttleUltra is awesome, it's funny how I've played Orbiter for so many years but never heard of SpaceShuttleultra nor SpaceShuttleDeluxe, only ShuttleFleet.
I've been playing with SSU for more than 2 months now and I can go to orbit, make a rendez-vous with ISS (sometimes, just a flyby below 15000m), deorbit and return to launch site (or another preplanned).

Now I'd like to dock to ISS I don't know how to use the APDS. Is there a "user manual" for it ? Because the panel seems to work (light goes ON and OFF) but when I press SPEC167, on the DPS I have a blank page. So I don't really know what's the status.
I also tried the old ShuttleFleet docs I had but what I do in SSU doesn't seem to work (or I'm missing something that has been added to SSU since).
I fail to find relevant documentation/manual in order to use the APDS, I've checked SourceForge and other files from NASA but they aren't great of help so far).

I also seen in the test scenarios (and also STS-126 scenario, prior to docking) that the ODS is already deployed (as defined in the scn file I've checked in comparison with my scenario and there it's not deployed), so it looks like it's implemented but have no clue how to use it am I right ?

Thanks for reading,
Fly safe o7

Last edited:

thammond

Reaction score
Hi Snax,

I'm more or less a lurker here too right now. I'm curious on what ISS your using and if you have had any experience with Shuttle Fleet? I'm busy with another shuttle/ISS simulation program right now but when finished I'm going to switch over to Orbiter and want to learn to fly the shuttle and build the ISS. So I'm curious about your experiences.

There seem to be a few Shuttle/ISS add-on options available to my knowledge.

Shuttle Fleet - ISS Fleet
Shuttle Fleet - Thorton ISS/ISS A2Z
SSU - Thorton ISS/ISS A2Z

I'm trying to figure out if any of these combos work well together, or conversely if any don't play well together. I think they are all 2010 compatible (not sure about 2010P1 or 2016).

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
The APDS is purely visual at this time due to this issue: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/project.php?issueid=1204

Hi DaveS, thanks for the confirmation !

Hi Snax,

I'm more or less a lurker here too right now. I'm curious on what ISS your using and if you have had any experience with Shuttle Fleet? I'm busy with another shuttle/ISS simulation program right now but when finished I'm going to switch over to Orbiter and want to learn to fly the shuttle and build the ISS. So I'm curious about your experiences.

There seem to be a few Shuttle/ISS add-on options available to my knowledge.

Shuttle Fleet - ISS Fleet
Shuttle Fleet - Thorton ISS/ISS A2Z
SSU - Thorton ISS/ISS A2Z

I'm trying to figure out if any of these combos work well together, or conversely if any don't play well together. I think they are all 2010 compatible (not sure about 2010P1 or 2016).

Hi thammond,
about ISS/Shuttle, I'm relatively new to it, I was more into the DeltaGliderIV, going to the moon, build a base with UCGO and travel to the solar system.

With Shuttle Fleet, I especially learnt about the launch window to ISS, how to plan it (with trials and errors) to have tha smallest Rinc°.
The rest was like any other orbiter's spacecraft and ShuttleFleet have plenty of RCS incomparison with SSU. This is where SSU is very stricky, and I like it.

About the ISS, I'm with ISS A2Z/Thorton's ISS with their dependencies.
However I'm missing one addond I don't find the link for :
Code:
>>> ERROR: TMA-APAS\ProgressM
>>> [Vessel::OpenConfigFile | .\Vessel.cpp | 252]

About the compatibility of the addons:

• SSU 4.2.................................Orbiter 2010+P1 (also "working" for 2016 but there's SSU 5.0)
  • SSU 5.0.................................Orbiter 2016
  • Shuttle Fleet 4.8....................Orbiter 2010+P1 (it's "working" but the launch doesn't the shuttle will fall through the surface instead)
  • ISS A2Z v3............................Orbiter 2010 but working for O2016 as long you don't press F1 to go cockpit -> CTD
  • Thorton's ISS v3.2..................same

I also tried to take the LaunchPad of ShutteFleet to put it in a SSU scenario, it kinda works as I don't have a CTD but need more testing, like link it to the LCC and such.

Last edited: