Apollo 11 After Undocking- CM SCS, RNDZ XPDR and Other Questions

Wedge313

Reaction score
Hello. Back again with more questions as I take one step forward, two steps back with Apollo 11. I've undocked, and getting ready for DOI.....

My first question concerns the CM RNDZ XPDR self test, I'm reading zero volts for test A and B, where I should see >1 (test C is good). What might I have done wrong?

Second, during the CM Undocking checklist, when I switch the SC CONT to SCS the CM RCS system starts a machine gun-like firing and the CSM/LM starts to oscillate wildly. I went back to CMC, not sure what's going on.

Finally, when I look into the LM AOT, all I can see is a blurry spiral/reticule, no stars etc. What have I missed here?

Thanks.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure the rendezvous transponder self test is actually implemented yet, n7275 can probably tell you more about that.

Are you in SCS attitude hold mode? BMAG Mode switches in Att 1/Rate 2? Maybe the SCS tries to hold some attitude different from the attitude you are currently in. And when you give the SCS control over your spacecraft it then suddenly wants to go to that other attitude. If that is the case the three switches should be in "Rate 2" when you go from CMC to SCS control. And then you could switch back to Att 1/Rate 2 for SCS attitude hold.

Are you looking at this? https://raw.githubusercontent.com/o.../ProjectApollo/Bitmaps/lem_aot_panel_wide.bmp That's the view to see the counter for the angle of the AOT reticle. To go to the actual panel to use the AOT go up one more time in the 2D panel.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
My first question concerns the CM RNDZ XPDR self test, I'm reading zero volts for test A and B, where I should see >1 (test C is good). What might I have done wrong?

I'm not sure the rendezvous transponder self test is actually implemented yet, n7275 can probably tell you more about that.

It looks like I never implemented the self-test when I added this system. The transponder works fine.

I will work on an implementation for the self-test.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Implimentation has been pushed. The latest version on github has the fix for the rendezvous radar transponder self-test mode.