Apollo 11 MCC questions

AA737PILOT

Reaction score
I am slowly working my way through Apollo 11 NASSP8.0 and have become stuck at the SPS evasive maneuver. I am not able to input my own P30 and P40 data. The PAD shows up but I can't input any data. If I follow the checklist nothing eventually happens. Any ideas? As an annoying sidelight, every time I fire the Pyros to separate a stage I get a visual of large gold and white leafy looking items that slowly expand until they are left behind by the movement of the stack. It also greatly slows down my computer. If I save the scenario and relaunch they are gone and program progresses as normal. Easy to work around it but it destroys the beauty of the visual. I have the duplicate problem on my desktop and my laptop. Any ideas?

jalexb88

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am slowly working my way through Apollo 11 NASSP8.0 and have become stuck at the SPS evasive maneuver. I am not able to input my own P30 and P40 data. The PAD shows up but I can't input any data. If I follow the checklist nothing eventually happens. Any ideas? As an annoying sidelight, every time I fire the Pyros to separate a stage I get a visual of large gold and white leafy looking items that slowly expand until they are left behind by the movement of the stack. It also greatly slows down my computer. If I save the scenario and relaunch they are gone and program progresses as normal. Easy to work around it but it destroys the beauty of the visual. I have the duplicate problem on my desktop and my laptop. Any ideas?

What exactly do you mean by not being able do input data in P30? Can you explain exactly what you mean by this? Is it that when you do V37E30E nothing happens on the DSKY?

AA737PILOT

Reaction score
The checklist ask for TIG and DV which is given in the P30 Pad but TIG shows all 0's and will not allow changes as well as the input for DV. The checklist then allows inputs for P40 from the PAD for RPY and switches to F50 18 but the spacecraft never maneuvers to the attitude nor fires the SPS. I'm sure I can bypass the whole maneuver and continue to MCC-1, just trying to follow the flight plan. Thanks for any help you can give.

jalexb88

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok so when you enter P30, you are presented with flashing noun 33, this is the desired TIG and to enter it you must do V25 and then enter the TIG in this format:

For example if the TIG on the pad is 5:10:35 then you would do +00005E, +00010E, +03500E.

hit PRO and then you have flashing noun 81 which is the velocity components. Hit V25 and enter those exactly as on the pad and dont forget the +/-.

Hope that helps

AA737PILOT

Reaction score
Awesome, V25 is missing from checklist but I'll give it a try. It seems promising. I'll let you know!

jalexb88

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, those should be added to the checklists for sure. When you need to enter data into the DSKY, you always use one of V21,V22,V23,V24,V25.

V21: Enter data in R1
V22: Enter data in R2
V23: Enter data in R3
V24: Enter data in R1&R2
V25: Enter data in R1&R2&R3

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, those should be added to the checklists for sure. When you need to enter data into the DSKY, you always use one of V21,V22,V23,V24,V25.

V21: Enter data in R1
V22: Enter data in R2
V23: Enter data in R3
V24: Enter data in R1&R2
V25: Enter data in R1&R2&R3

Actually many checklists omitted the entry verbs as they were an assumed criteria.

Even the P30 checklist for example says "Load Desired dV's" and not "V25E"

So I would respectfully disagree with adding them to all checklist items unless the mission checklist itself specified an entry verb

dseagrav

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is more or less exactly what my last patch was for. Have the checklist or MCC or whatever set the values to be loaded, then put the verbs and such in the Info item for the checklist step. People that need help can read the info page, people that don't can proceed as normal, everyone is happy except for the people who enjoy being unhappy.

AA737PILOT

Reaction score
DAP not maneuvering to RPY in AGC

I still continue to have problems getting the AGC to fire the RCS to set an attitude. Unable during Transposition and docking and prior to the SPS evasive. I have tried resetting the clock, making sure SECS Arm CB in and resetting the RCS. I run the checklist by the letter but no movement. I have tried many different switch positions. I can fire the RCS in Free and set an attitude but switching back to RCS CMD drives the attitude slowly off to some random figures. I think I understand the system pretty well but no luck. Really stuck. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Just had some more thoughts on my problem. I manually set the RPY for the SPS evasive and then set the RCS to auto. Did the DAP drive the set attitude off based on the movement of the spacecraft attitude in relation to the earth and at the TIG, not fire the SPS because of a wrong attitude. Really getting into deep systems knowledge. Am I just not giving the DAP enough time to maneuver to the firing attitude?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It could also still be a wrong DAP setting in the computer. Start V48, make sure the first digit of R1 in N46 is not 3 (which is the S-IVB config), PRO through the rest of V48. And then do a V46E. Maybe it was a missing V46 somewhere? The Checklist MFD file seems to have it though. If this all doesn't help, please post your scenario here and I can take a look at it.

Last edited: