Apollo 11 RTCC MFD manouver targeting parameters

macieksoft

NASSP CSM/LM pilot
Reaction score
Does anybody knows the actual paramaters i have to input in RTCC MFD for the Apollo 11 burns (TLI, TLMCC, LOI, LOC, TEI, TEMCC) and so on?

In the DOCS folder there are ones for Apollo 8 and 7, but i don't see any for Apollo 11.

I was trying inputting some parameters from old flightplans that used IMFD and i ended crashing to the moon after second TLMCC which didn't even gave me a chance for LOI burn (the crash was like 5 minutes before calculated LOI burn).

I used nodal targeting for all burns (so TLI and 2 MCC corrections).

I see that there were some people who have completed those burns using RTCC MFD so i hope there gonna be someone who can share the data.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In the DOCS folder there are ones for Apollo 8 and 7, but i don't see any for Apollo 11.

Yeah, those docs are still from the NASSP 7 release. I will add them for Apollo 9-11 at some point before the full NASSP 8.0 release. Some things might still change in the RTCC MFD, so I haven't done that yet.

I used nodal targeting for all burns (so TLI and 2 MCC corrections).

Ok, for TLI you won't have to do anything. All lunar missions now have presettings for the LVDC++ so that they can perform TLI without any update from RTCC MFD or anything else.

For the midcourse corrections you will want to use the TLMCC option 2 for MCC-1 and MCC-2, and the nodal targeting (TLMCC option 1) for MCC-3 and MCC-4. Most mission specific numbers should already be preloaded in the RTCC MFD, so you basically just have to input the TIG and then calculate the maneuvers.

macieksoft

NASSP CSM/LM pilot
Reaction score
What dV to expect when performing those manouvers and what are the optimum TIGs?

I got trough TLI without uplinks now and for TIG 4:00:00 GET it shows me somewhere between 100-200 dV which is more than i expected, when i increase TIG this value obviously is getting bigger.

IIRC historic values were much smaller and TIG was somewhere during second day.

Is it normal in NASSP? I was using like 30X time acceleration after post liftoff and then went back to 1X at about 6 minutes prior to timebase 9. I got 10319.7 FPS dV for TLI (measured by EMS).

I also got problems during T&D. In current version stage seems to manouver after separation which makes docking much harder. My procedure described here:
is not working well as stage seems to manouver during T&D.
Shouldn't the stage keep its inertial ATT when separation is commanded?
Or maybe should i just wait for specific time to do T&D when stage stop its manouvers?