Apollo 11 with nassp rev 1870 issues and questions along the way

thermocalc

Reaction score
Hi to ALL :)
I just started Apollo 11 with the new rev 1870 started from -4h scenery.
I arrived to about 4h ready to do LM extraction...when I saved the scenario.
Today I try to go on with the mission and upon loading the scenario all LED displays are RED not GREEN .... see photos
apparently I got the same colors even loading any other my saved scenarios .... as well as any default mission scenario which come from NASSP
DSKY, MISSION TIMER and EMS COUNTER in main panel are red, same for DSKY in LEB but the MET on panel 305 is still GREEN (???? why only it????).
any hint? tried to switch off also my PC and restart orbiter and nassp ... got same effects again....
scenario in attached, but as said it happens upon loading any scenario....so I guess it must be something to do with my PC (I am afraid :cry: ) .... but what it could be?
thanks.

Attachments

• red colors.JPG
    red colors.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 124
  • T-4h-pre-LM-Ejection.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 93
  • same red effect on other default NASSP mission scenario.JPG
    same red effect on other default NASSP mission scenario.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 118
  • but on panel 305 is still green.JPG
    but on panel 305 is still green.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 117

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Last edited:

thermocalc

Reaction score
Hi all.

I saw a new version 1872 is out, and comparing with the 1870 there were some references to some “electroluminescent” problems, so I guessed (hope) this was my case.

So I did a completely new installation, and I saw that Orbiter beta is still at r.90 and the latest D3C9 client is till the “D3D9ClientBeta30.7-forBETA r90(r1436)”, so I installed both of them. Next I added the new NASSP v1872.

I run Orbiter and I selected some default scenarios from the “Apollo – Mission Scenarios”, namely: Apollo 8 – 06 – Before MCC1 TIG-15min” and I got still the red colors and this time even more weird looking figures / digits in the DSKY (see photo 1, 2), and again on panel 305 everything is green and ok (see photo 3).

No matter which “default” scenario I open I got always the same weird effects.

So I run a new scenario from lift off, I used “Apollo 11 – Launch” and after doing P01->P02 I got still these weird results (see photo 4, when I did a V35E, and photo 5, 6).

Out of desperation I copied my “A11 scenario at 4h” (the same I attached in my previous post) into the scenario folder of my old NASSP v1858 (which I used to do A8 last week) and upon loading it I got all green digits as usual…no problems here.

So I guess it is not a my computer related problem or corrupted scenery … something really happened from 1858 to 1870 and 72 … (y)
thanks for checking ....

Attachments

• photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 100
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 102
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 107
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 108
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 101
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 100

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Do you have your textures in another instance of Orbiter, by chance? Did you copy the new ones over when you installed?

thermocalc

Reaction score
Hi, thanks, not sure if I understood you correctly, here is what I did.

I “checked” again (right click on the “Orbiter beta r90” folder with the green check icon in photo 1) for a new orbiter beta revision and I got the message in the photo 2.

Next I just “paste & copy” the whole “Orbiter beta r90” folder to make a new one, named “Orbiter Beta r90 NASSP v8 1872 low resolution”.

I took the “EARTH” and “MOON” folders, from Orbiter 2016 “TEXTURE folder”, and put them into:

C:\Orbiter Beta r90 NASSP v8 1872 low resolution\Textures

Next I downloaded the “D3D9ClientBeta30.7-forBETA r90(r1436)” zip file and unzipped into the “Orbiter Beta r90 NASSP v8 1872 low resolution” folder.

Downloaded the latest NASSP 1872 rev, unzipped and copied into the “Orbiter Beta r90 NASSP v8 1872 low resolution” folder.

Every time I am asked to override files, I say YES.

Next I run orbit_ng.exe to enable the D3D9 client and I run orbiter, getting these weird results.

In my first post I got this problem upon uploading onto the 1858 version the 1870.

In my last post I got this problem after doing a fully new installation as explained above.

Hope this help to troubleshooting my problem…thanks for helping :confused:

Attachments

• my orbiters.JPG
    my orbiters.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 91
  • orbiter beta.JPG
    orbiter beta.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 96

redberon2003

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me when I launched nassp this morning, then I saw this thread and realized it wasn't just me...........

I fixed my issue by moving my system date back or forward a day. :LOL: Not gonna lie, had a minor fit thinking windows or some other software was going to be to blame. well done. :coffee:

thermocalc

Reaction score
dear "redberon" ... I don't know what to say .... UNBELIEVABLE .... to be polite, as I would rather use a more colorful expression ☠️??
I tried as you said:
if I change my system data from automatic to manual set to April 2nd or March 31st, i got the "green lights" (see photo), if i put April 1st, either manually or automatically, i still got the red digits of all my previous posts.
BUT ... looking at the "shape" of the new green digits in the LEDs displays they seems to be MORE SLENDER than before and more "green" .... did you see the same shape/colors as well?
so are these new "slender and green" LEDs segments (as at "POSITION 3" in my comparative table of "DSKY looking" displays) in all displays WANTED from 1871 and 1872??? are the new future? or are still due to some artifacts and "oddities" still going on?
anyway why the digits shape/colors should change with the day in first place?
okok...let's see...in Italy on April 1st is the day to play "jokes" ... maybe it was just a "bad joke" I would say, see tomorrow what the day will bring :geek::giggle:
thanks anyway to share your solution.....bye.

Attachments

• different colours and shapes.JPG
    different colours and shapes.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 115
  • system data april 2nd.JPG
    system data april 2nd.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 111

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
dear "redberon" ... I don't know what to say .... UNBELIEVABLE .... to be polite, as I would rather use a more colorful expression ☠️??
I tried as you said:
if I change my system data from automatic to manual set to April 2nd or March 31st, i got the "green lights" (see photo), if i put April 1st, either manually or automatically, i still got the red digits of all my previous posts.
BUT ... looking at the "shape" of the new green digits in the LEDs displays they seems to be MORE SLENDER than before and more "green" .... did you see the same shape/colors as well?
so are these new "slender and green" LEDs segments (as at "POSITION 3" in my comparative table of "DSKY looking" displays) in all displays WANTED from 1871 and 1872??? are the new future? or are still due to some artifacts and "oddities" still going on?
anyway why the digits shape/colors should change with the day in first place?
okok...let's see...in Italy on April 1st is the day to play "jokes" ... maybe it was just a "bad joke" I would say, see tomorrow what the day will bring :geek::giggle:
thanks anyway to share your solution.....bye.

Reaction score
Hahaha, whoops, looks like my code changes for the new digit designs may have broken the April Fool's joke, since it's using the old digit designs. Sorry about that! But yes, the new green digits are the "new look" going forward, or at least until someone finds a reason to change them.