Project Apollo 14 AMSO Soundpack Version 2

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I know I've already done it but I want to give my original Apollo 14 Soundpack a complete overhaul. I've already begun to download the original audio tapes and I plan on starting work today.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
There is some pre-countdown stuff on youtube:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0k_d-vSMoE&list=UUNAqkI_d-meK84h7ifAWCWw"]CBS News Coverage of Apollo 14 Part 4 - YouTube[/ame]

Missing the first few minutes, but perhaps you could fill in with an Alan Shepard interview or something.

Anything is better than no pre-countdown

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I have the full pre-countdown at my disposal this time around. The official NASA tapes on The Internet Archive are an excellent resource. As of right now, I've completed the launch and the TLI burn pads.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I've finished the pre-countdown through transposition.

---------- Post added 05-01-13 at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-30-13 at 02:51 AM ----------

I'm working on the post docking checklist. Once I'm done with that I'll go back and fill in the docking difficulties that the crew had.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Finished the post-docking through S-IVb sep.

---------- Post added 05-05-13 at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-04-13 at 05:21 AM ----------

The entire docking sequence, including all the failed docking attempts, had been completed.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I skipped ahead and did the lunar landing sequence from PDI ignition to touchdown. I've been trying to do EVA 2 properly with little luck. When traversing to Cone, I will get to within 300 to 100 meters of the boulderfield and will have to turn back because of my oxygen supply.

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
I've been trying to do EVA 2 properly with little luck. When traversing to Cone, I will get to within 300 to 100 meters of the boulderfield and will have to turn back because of my oxygen supply.

Same here. The first & only time I tried that hike I had to make the tough call to turn back. Good thing I did cause I ended up with 5 min left of air for them before getting back in Antares. It was sure frustrating after investing all that time in that, but nice knowing you made the right call. :lol:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Same here. The first & only time I tried that hike I had to make the tough call to turn back. Good thing I did cause I ended up with 5 min left of air for them before getting back in Antares. It was sure frustrating after investing all that time in that, but nice knowing you made the right call. :lol:

I'm proud to say that I've never lost a single moonwalker!

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I'm going to get some more audio files to work with. I plan on implementing all the TV transmissions, not including the lunar eva's.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Okay, time to get off my lazy butt and work on finishing this thing. I've been busy doing much of nothing.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I had to go back and refly the entire mission because I lost the save files. I was able to do EVA 2 properly, I gave the crew a 30 minute extension by cranking the EVA clocks back 30 minutes at T+ 120 minutes. I reached the edge of Cone Crater and made it back to Antaries with 20 minutes left to spare.

ParaG

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
If it means anything to you i suspect there are plenty of Orbinauts (myself included) giving you lots of behind the scenes moral support :bighug: (and prayers ) for your work...because you add soooo much to our enjoyment!

Good luck with the remake...and then...its on to a new Apollo12! :thumbup:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
If it means anything to you i suspect there are plenty of Orbinauts (myself included) giving you lots of behind the scenes moral support :bighug: (and prayers ) for your work...because you add soooo much to our enjoyment!

Good luck with the remake...and then...its on to a new Apollo12! :thumbup:

Thank you sooooooo much for your support ParaG!!!!! You have no idea how much that means to me. I just started work on the TV transmission where the crew enters the LM Antaries for the first time. After that I still have plenty of work to catch up on. The second MCC, LOI, DOI, Undocking, CSM Circularization, the problems with the abort button on Antaries, Post EVA 1 Q&A, LM Ascent, LM Jettison, TEI, more TV transmissions, an MCC, SM Jettison, and finally Entry back into the atmosphere of Earth.

I'm a fast worker, so I hope to have this up soon. How soon? I can't say for certain, but unless I die, THIS WILL HAPPEN! :thumbup:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I'll take my computer to school with me on friday and use their super fast internet to download more Apollo 14 audio. I'll also try to get as many files as I can for Apollo 12.

ParaG

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Here's to your fine efforts! :cheers:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I finished the LOI burn pad all the way up through LOI LOS. I've now gone back and started work on the second midcourse correction.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

I've finished the second midcourse correction.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
*brushes away a thick covering of lunar dust*
Sorry that I've been dormant for so long. School has made me really busy. I'll continue on this pack as soon as I can and then it's the Apollo 12 Soundpack.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Heh, sorry about my absence. School bogged me down like the MET in the lunar dirt. I've started work again today by downloading new files. I have all summer to work on this and I don't plan on giving up. After this I'm going to work on Apollo 12. Again, sorry for the delay.