Apollo 7 Thread Started T+3HRS CTD

Spudnik

Reaction score
Hi There everyone what a fantastic mod this is. I am currently having a CTD issue on Apollo 7 at T+3HRS just after S4B LV seperation, Where MCC is reading out 1ST phasing manuver the CTD is right after it says at the top Thread Started. I am running Orbiter BETA with NASSAP 8.0, also it is an Orbiter.exe has stopped working crash.

Any help is greatly appreciated

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ah yes, I can replicate that. It's a MCC bug that must be fairly new. The MCC doesn't seem to find the S-IVB and then tries to do calculations with its simulation state. Accessing null pointers is always a bad idea. The S-IVB gets created as a separate vessel in the simulation when you separate the CSM from it. But the MCC doesn't search if the S-IVB now exists, it only searched for it when the simulation was started.

So the temporary workaround is, save and reload somewhere between separating from the S-IVB and the phasing maneuver calculation. That should make the MCC find the S-IVB and prevent the CTD. And I will of course fix the bug, shouldn't be too difficult. Thanks for finding this!

EDIT: It is now fixed in the most recent NASSP release.

Last edited:

Spudnik

Reaction score
Wow you work fast! I'm glad it was not my end, and happy to help and love the work you do is there anyway I can donate at all?