Search Apollo for Orbiter 2016

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
I want to get Apollo for Orbiter 2016! But where it is? I want to know!

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There is no working Apollo for Orbiter 2016.

You have 2 options: Download Orbiter Beta with NASSP 8, or download Orbiter 2010 with AMSO.

bcbarnes

Reaction score
>>There are some issues in Orbiter 2016

Would you happen to know what some of these might be? I have been using it for several months without issue. It is quite complex, though, and it would be nice to know if the beta makes anything 'easier'.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
>>There are some issues in Orbiter 2016

Would you happen to know what some of these might be? I have been using it for several months without issue. It is quite complex, though, and it would be nice to know if the beta makes anything 'easier'.

Mostly the moments of inertia being calculated wrong for docked vehicles like CSM+LM. The Lunar Module computer couldn't deal with that at all in Orbiter 2016, the Command Module Computer only with some modfied thrust vector control gains. The moments of inertia are now calculated right since Orbiter Beta revision 71, so we have been using the Orbiter Beta versions ever since. If you are using NASSP 8.0 Alpha releases with the Orbiter 2016 release version then Apollo 7 and 8 should probably still work properly. But any mission needing to perform docked maneuvers (Apollo 9 and later) are not guaranteed to work. There will be a post soon in the NASSP subforum about NASSP installation where it should be made clear that Orbiter 2016 is not fully supported.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
There is no working Apollo for Orbiter 2016.

You have 2 options: Download Orbiter Beta with NASSP 8, or download Orbiter 2010 with AMSO.

I used Orbiter Beta with NASSP 8.0 but crashed!

Thymo

I like breaking things
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nassp.space
I used Orbiter Beta with NASSP 8.0 but crashed!

I told you this in the other thread.
If you want us to help we need to know what the problem is.
Describe your issue, what have you tried? How can we reproduce the issue? If Orbiter crashes, provide the logs.

We cannot guess what your problem might be if you don't give us any information about your problem.