MFD Arrive MFD alternative

UFO64

Reaction score
Any there any good alternatives to Arrive MFD? It takes a very long time to load with the current version of orbiter, and seems rather under featured. I can't find much else to help calculate needed acceleration to stop for lunar landings and such.

If anyone is wondering, Arrive MFD calculated the required acceleration to stop at a base in your path. It was great for lunar landings as you just needed to wait until that acceleration almost exceeded yours, and then begin your burn. It made lunar landings a lot easier.

flyer

Reaction score
I second this request.

Also, I think that the current version of the mfd will only calculate the horizontal acceleration if the ship has the nose on the horizon (i.e. LVL HOR).

Would it be possible to calculate with the ship at any angle? I've created a very basic LUA script which does this but I was hoping to also create a program which generates some commands for a single burn (main or hover engines) from orbit which will put the ship on or near to the chosen base.

After looking through some of the vAGC documentation I found what I think are the equations that govern this but unfortunately it is currently beyond my limited grasp!

flyer

Tommy

Reaction score
BTC 2.0 can tell you when to engage thrust to stop at a base. AFAIK it doesn't really account for vertical distance, so it's not perfectly accurate - but it's darn close.