General Question Arrow Freighter WTF

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Ok, here's a weird one for you. While using the Arrow freighter on my Acer laptop, everything is going fine until I step up to the front window. when I attempt to step BACK from the window the screen goes black for a couple of seconds. When the image comes back, it is upside down! Then I alt-tab down and WINDOWS is upside down!!! WTF?!?!

The only way to correct the problem is to close out the mission and relaunch it.

Has anybody else seen this before?

Wood

Reaction score
Ah, Windows and it's strange hidden shortcuts. If it's not stickykeys, it's something else.

Dambuster

Reaction score
If the stepping back from the window involves some arcane combination of down arrow, and alt and/or shift and/or control and/or fn and/or ???, then I blame a windows shortcut, as Wood said.

Whatever the shortcut is, don't forget it as it can be mildly entertaining to flip your friends' screens on occasion ;)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ctrl+Alt+↓ is a generic shortcut to invert the screen, usually on mobile devices. Ctrl+Alt+↑ reverts it to normal. You should be able to disable hotkeys from an icon on the taskbar. Mine is called "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile" on a Dell laptop.

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Not sure it's a Windows shortcut, per se, but Izack is on the right track. We have the same shortcut on our Lenovo laptops at work. It's a function of the graphics driver if I'm not mistaken (also Intel Graphics Media Accelerator). You can disable it in the graphics driver IIRC.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not sure it's a Windows shortcut, per se, but Izack is on the right track. We have the same shortcut on our Lenovo laptops at work. It's a function of the graphics driver if I'm not mistaken (also Intel Graphics Media Accelerator). You can disable it in the graphics driver IIRC.
Argh. I meant to edit out the 'Windows' part when forming the post. It is the graphics driver. :facepalm:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Argh. I meant to edit out the 'Windows' part when forming the post. It is the graphics driver. :facepalm:
It's all good. The point came across, & that's all that matters ;)

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Forgive my noobness, but could somebody explain how I go about finding and changing it?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Izack is right, I've had this problem as well.

If you go into the control panel and find the icon for whatever controls the display (it's different depending on drivers, graphics card etc) you should be able to find the settings under the advanced menu.